1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closet Case Magnet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by howsit, Dec 4, 2014.

1. howsit

howsit Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Has anybody else had experiences fully being a closet case magnet? For some reason I have the tendency to attract closet cases who wanna see what it's like to suck a dick, and then it usually ends up hella awkward. I've fucked so-called straight guys camping, at parties, and have been in relationships/dealt with them. I think it's just situational though since all my buddies are straight dudes, and I have never actively pursued a guy who has claimed to be heterosexual. It's kinda bumming me out though 'cause it seems that being both homosocial and homosexual just aren't compatible. It's fucking frustrating. I'll admit it's also my own fault since I refuse to check out gay venues, but more because of my complete lack of interest in those activites than my aversion to campy gay dudes.

Tl;dr: Any tips on how to find hockey- and comedy-loving Canadian dudes who want to go camping instead of to a club? Ha.

2. Hexagon

You could try a dating site, one geared towards dating rather than a hookup app.

3. howsit

howsit Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't use either on the regular. Most of my experiences have been through my circle of friends.

4. Hexagon

Well why don't you try?

5. Aldrick

That's your problem:

If all your friends are straight, and all of your experiences have been through your circle of friends... do the math. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There are plenty of hockey and comedy-loving Canadian gay men out there. You just need to go look. It is not like your straight friends will be able to hook you up with someone, unless they know tons of other gay men.

You do not even have to go out on dates. You just need to make friendship connections. I mean... you are in Toronto for crying out loud! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: There is tons of stuff for gay men to do there, and meet other gay men--outside of clubs.

6. howsit

howsit Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha but that's what happens. For example, one of my buddies invited me camping last summer and told me he thinks another dude going is in the closet, so I should find out...haha true wingman.

Surprisingly not. The only thing I've found I'd be interested in is a hockey league, but I'm actually pretty significantly far away from Toronto, and I couldn't commit the time with my job. I dunno, maybe I'm just being unrealistic. What I would like is to just continue doing what I'm doing--working, going to school, going out with buddies, and meet people the way heterosexuals do. And I do, but only hook-ups, whereas I'd like a friendship or relationship. Does it make me entitled to not want to compromise myself in order to find a regular, level-headed dude? :bang:

7. Aldrick

It does not make you entitled, it makes you stubborn. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Clearly, what you are currently doing is not working, and so you will need to do something different to get different results.

The type of guy you want is clearly out there--it is not even a rare type. What you need is a gay circle of friends in addition to straight friends. Other gay people--not shockingly--know other gay people. This increases your chances of meeting people through friendship connections. However, it involves you actually taking the necessary steps to go out and find other gay people in which to socialize.

8. howsit

howsit Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's far too logical. Repeating the same thing over and over again while expecting different results is clearly the most appropriate thing to do right now. Ain't nobody got time for change.

Ha, point taken. Thanks bud.

9. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got two of your requirements...Love hockey and comedy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (I'm just to 'Murican for the Canadian requirement hahah) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No, but seriously, I know some cities have gay sports bars, does your area have anything like that?

10. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed. I live in Hockeytown and half my Pandora channels are comedians. I own a whole shelf of comedy cd's. :slight_smile:

11. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Speaking of Hockey, Pavel Datsyuk is pretty hot :slight_smile: