1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What an... odd reason to hate Gay people.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Quiet Raven, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Quiet Raven

Just a conversation with a random homophobe on the internet. But I find some of the things he said.... Interesting. I actually had very long conversation with him. We talked for over an hour actually. I was very bored so I didn't mind. I would like to just show you a small part of the conversation.

Stranger:*why not just stay in closet.....why do you have to tell the world?
    Me:*And why should people be forced to keep secrets out fear? do you know how painful and depressing that can be?
    Me:*I guess not
    Stranger:*ya.... i dont get it..... what about my feelings
    Me:*Your feelings are based off reasonless hatred.
    Stranger:*i dont hate gay people i hate their actions and reactions
    Me:*Like what kind of actions? their sex lives? that is none of your business
    Stranger:*if u want to be gay...fine i dont have prob with that but dont make me accept your ways. ill go my way u go ur way...that simple
    Stranger:*no....when the complain and sue and ruin peoples lives all because someone didnt believe in homosexuality
    Me:*you hate them, because they hate you... where do you think it began?
    Stranger:*y do you thnk people hate u for being gay.... its not about hate
    Me:*no, it is about non acceptance right? how is that any different?

And then he started giving stupid analogies like "It is the norm to drive on the right side of the road, should we just accept it if some people drive on the left side?" Ugh

So yeah. I was actually kinda surprised to hear that. Is that common? I don't have a whole lot of experience arguing with homophobes honestly, that's why I'm kinda wondering. That and the "Why don't you stay in the closet" thing really got to me.

At the end, I actually told him I'm Trans. Then he just got really mad because he felt lied to. Said things like, "why were you arguing? You aren't even gay, you are really a man."

Yeah... Well I guess that is enough from me.

Any comments?

2. I've had those types of conversations many times, albeight not with someone who actually knew I was.. yeah. but they give the same stupid ignorant reasons, quote bible verses, and talk about anatomy. in fact I had one of these chats with my homophobic family on thanksgiving which was rather unpleasant and resulted in me retiring to bed early instead of enjoying the holiday, but that's beside the point. with some people, it doesnt matter WHAT you tell them, they're just gonna come back with another stupid reason that you're wrong. it gets really old, especially dealing with people like that on a daily basis.

3. Takine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    was that on youtube? if so the youtube comments are the internet's anus

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I take exception to that remark. I don't lick YouTube comments.

5. Takine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Okay I laughed that was good.

6. Quiet Raven

Lol.
    But no it wasn't YouTube. It was Strangermeetup. A surprisingly good random chat site. I have been on there quite a bit the past weeks, and I had a lot of good conversations. In fact, this is the first homophobic person I met on there. At least the only one that said anything about it. Granted I don't tell everyone I meet there. But still.
    So I would say it is overal better then talking on YouTube, lol.

#6 Quiet Raven, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would stop debating your humanity with people who are evil.

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not odd at all. That was just a really ineloquent way for the person with whom you were debating (more realistically, being subjected to drivel) to say that he detests people who disrupt social norms and those who don't constrain themselves to gender and sexual roles he's familiar with.

9. Quiet Raven

Yeah. You may be right. But well. I'm just the type of person who has a hard time resisting the urge to argue back when someone says something evil.

10. Takine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    on youtube I argue with bronies constantly

11. Quiet Raven

Lol, I used to argue with people on YouTube ALL the time. And GameSpot.

Actually. I'd say GameSpot is the worst. I got headaches from a lot of those people.

Yeah, like I said, I find it hard to resist arguments. Well it is easier now I think. The one shown here is the first one I had in a long time. (Though I don't visit GameSpot anymore, Youtube I do) But it still depends on the topic.

12. Takine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    my favourite...well I'd say second favourite, youtuber like replied to a comment I made, I donno if it was making fun of me, I don't care he could have told me to suck a bag of brony dicks and I would have squeed and said thank you lol

so sometimes youtube is good

13. Ryujin

But that would be boring....

14. black-cat

Homophobes are twats. Confusing twats.

15. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

From that I can gather he's an major asshat, and isn't that the reason anybody hates gay people? Wait nevermind, he's a Colonel Asshat.

16. PurpleGrey

So, according to this guy, simply doing normal couple stuff in public is offensive? Is it okay to be a "deviant" as long as you tell people you're straight and live a lie? Yup, do all that butt stuff, just let me assume there are no gays in the general area. What an idiot. I hate when people try to be accepting and bigoted at the same time. How do these people convince themselves they can hate people and be okay with them at once? Urgh!

I hope there are bones in every can of tuna this bastard eats.

17. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Man that guy has horrible grammar, I couldn't even take him seriously

18. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I have the urge to hit people with that level of grammar over the head, with a mallet.

19. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not hate ( insert minority group) but they damn sure better not demand to be treated as humans or upset the status quo.

Do not call me ( racist, homophobic, etc) because I care about being called or seen as those things more than actually believeing or supporting ( racist, homophobic, etc) bullshit . Because everyone knows being called (racist, homophobic, etc) is a worse crime than putting someone humanity up for debate for being a (insert minority).

#19 CandyKing, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  20. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

You'd have an easier time trying to train a cat to use the toilet than you would getting people on youtube to change their minds. I wish there was a way to make it so I could never scroll down and see comments again because every time I watch a video about something serious and see a comment like "OMG faek and gay" I just lose part of my faith in humanity.