1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Childhood Friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tim, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Has anyone else had a childhood friend (pre school or in the first few years) that left in those years, but still has had a major impact on your life even now?

I restumbled upon a song that made me soooo sad when I first heard it, and it still makes me cry. It's from the show So Weird which I posted about a while back in the entertainment forum.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D25hblVTeKs[/youtube]

The song was written for an episode of the show, in which Molly (the singer) had a childhood friend named Rebecca, who suddenly disappeared one day (family moved), and the song is explaining her feelings about it, and anyone who has had a friend like that can really relate to it. (In the show, her friend has a condition that makes her family age at the rate of 1 year every 100 years, so to avoid suspicion, they keep moving).

Anyways, My friend Becky was my best friend for the longest time, she had a major crush on me (I was in like 1st grade), so I thought girls were gross (who'da thunk?), but Becky was still just so awesome. One day, they were gone. Her parents had been discovered to have been abusing their children and children at the church, and fled overnight. My mom and dad had planned to adopt her (as they always loved her, and she was one of the few people I would talk to) when her parents were caught and all children were placed in foster services, but unforseen issues stopped us. I haven't seen Becky since that day on the playground. But she still left such a mark in my life, that I will never forget what she taught me. Although she's faded from my mind what she looked like, or sounded like, there is always a spot in my heart for her.

Has anyone else ever had a friend like this? Just wondering if others have because at times, I feel weird that I feel I learned so much from something that happened when I was in 1st grade. Wasn't quite sure where to post this :S

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    No Myzou, I don't recall a friend like that from the early days but I love your story. Have you tried to find this girl at all?

3. Tim

Tim

Alas, I do not know if she was adopted, and if so, her last name would've changed, so all I have is her childhood last name :frowning2:

EDIT: I did a myspace search for her using old last name where applicable a while back, but nothing came up, so either her foster parents had no internet, or she was adopted and last name was changed, or she got married, and the name changed. lol

#3 Tim, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  4. riddlerno1

i think what stands out for me is that last line in the film Stand By Me, where he says "ive never had friends like the ones i got when i was 12, well does anyone?" well thinking back to a childhood friend when i was 12, he was the best friend ive ever ever had. He was more like a brother who would look after me, e.g. my mum would come pick me from school, but he would wallk me to the car and then shut the door....every day and then wave goodbye. He would always be there whenevr things were going wrong and i thought i would know him forever. Unfortunatly we went to high school and he got expelled and went to another school. He used to come and visit me a few times but then i never saw him again. last i heard he had got engaged and had a son with another child on the way. I found him on facebook but he never seems to answer me back when i message him. I have no idea why. But even though we are not close anymoe, he is one person that reminds me of the close bond we had as kids, when hugging male friends was acceptable and u couldnt imagine life without your best friend. So therefore he will always hold a fond memory in my heart to that period in my life!