1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much Money Do You Spend in a Day?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I don't keep an obsessive count of the money I spend, usually, in a day, only if I'm working towards something, or saving, do I start to do this.

Basically, how much money do you spend? Does it differ, depending on how much you have, or the day of the week? What's an ideal amount for you, to have each day?

2. Hexagon

What do I go into a shop and spend each day? Nothing. I bring food and water from home. I'd only buy either if it were absolutely necessary.

If you factor in a weekly food shop, I suppose that would make it around £3 a day, or something to that effect.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm buying you a Christmas sweater.

:lol:

4. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Preferably none... have to little of it as is.

5. Hexagon

Don't you dare :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not much, although I live so close to the grocery store that instead of going shopping once a week, I may go there several times a week to pick up a couple things here or there. Otherwise I order books and CDs sometimes and that's about it.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

With tacky colors and everything!

LOL!

For me, it depends.

Obviously, the holidays will encourage more spending, due to various deals. There is also, possessing more money, which makes it easier to want to spend more. But even then, I'm fairly decent with handling money.

Now, on an average day, I probably spend about $10 a day:

$5 on gasoline, $5 for a meal.

However, in an average week, I probably spend about $200:

Groceries, possibly a pack of cigarettes, a few meals, and gasoline.

In an average month, well, this definitely jumps up:

Utilities and bills, obviously, tack onto the amount. How much that amount is, could be anywhere from $200-500. The bills and various monthly payments, are the primary culprits.

$10-20 a day is, at the moment, an ideally comfortable amount. It allows me to do the basics, and have a little pocket change.

Of course, none of this is counting, those moments in life where, you bust the wallet out and spend more than you usually do.

8. DinelodiiGitli

None.
    I'm more broke than a mirror dropped on tile.

9. Jwis

Not including rent or other bills I probably average $15.

10. Candace

Possibly $20-25, if you factored in food, transportation, phone bill, and clothes.

11. Yosia

Basically, however much money I take out of the house, very little of that will come back into the house. :3

On an average college day, I try to limit myself to 3£ a day. But I usually go over.

12. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always buy my lunch during the work week (more to get out of the office and move around for a bit than anything else) but other than that I don't think I have any regular daily expenses. I don't do a whole lot of impulse buying; I usually spend my money on bigger things that I've put quite a bit of of thought into. For the past few months I've bought quite a few books though.

13. kem

kem

Most days, none at all. Sometimes I buy a fruit from the school cafeteria or a coffee in the morning; I still stay below €2. If I buy some food on my way home I can spend up to €10–15, I rarely do though. Live with my parents = free food and rent. Non-higher ed school in Finland = free school lunch.

14. AlamoCity

How much do I spend in a day? It could range from $0 to $25, not including monthly bills like cell phone or big ticket items. On Mondays, I always have lunch with my friends at a small Mexican restaurant. My tab comes to about $7 and I give a $2 tip. On Thursday, I had jury duty and spent only $2 on parking and then picked up my sister from school and took her to Subway and spent $16.

I can be a cheapskate, but the $25 limit is usually only on days I don't go to a store. If I do, that amount changes.

To feel safe, I like to carry at least a few extra dollars and a credit card for emergencies.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About £4 on transport, and £3 on lunch - typically. For lunch, I will usually just pick up a meal deal from Sainsbury's - such as a sandwich, a packet of crisps and a drink - and eat my lunch outdoors. There's a park nearby which I like a lot. This is if I'm at work.

#15 imnotreallysure, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  16. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Mm, that really depends. I want to say about 15-20, but that depends on if I leave the house. I work from home, so most of my expenses when I'm out are usually for food and errands. I occasionally order things online.

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Varies. If I don't leave the house, $0 (granted I don't get carried away with PSN or online shopping), and if I do, $4 at the minimum for a 20oz cup of my favourite coffee. Rarely do I spend over $25, unless if I'm shopping for something, or if it was necessary.

18. shinji

shinji Guest

I've been keeping this sum of money (around $70) in my bank account, just looking at it, sitting there... not being wasted. I did waste some, to make a few gifts to some friends (Steam games, ftw!), which i now kind of regret since, they don't exactly play said games.

Anyway... On a day to day basis $0. If i have to go out in town, $1.5, if i have to go shopping (which happens once every week) $90, bills are around $150.

I'm too lazy to calculate how much this makes on average, but it's far more than what i actually make right now, which is $0. On occasion, if i am going out with a friend or potential date (maybe?) i do spend around $10 to $15. I won't lie, i'm quite cheap and generally don't have a lot of respect for people who waste money left and right, who don't appreciate what they have.

Never understood people, complaining about having jobs that paid ~$8 an hour. That is like, more than half of what you can get in my country...

19. Jethro702

I spend a min of at least $2 a day... max $5ish usually.... Sometimes I can go under or over that amount though.

20. starfish

Oh I don't know. Less than I make.