1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noticing girlies more and more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Have any of you experienced this? Ever since I accepted that I like girls, I notice them more and more. In particular, I always used to be very prudey and was annoyed whenever guys talked about girl's legs or their busts or whatever, but recently I've found that I can admit to myself that I notice it too. It feels so liberating to see a bikini-clad girl and instead of thinking "grrr those guys are probably ogling her >repressed jealousy<" be able to freely realise "wow! She's so curvy....*hotness overwhelms*"

Maybe you know what I'm talking about. I'm sure you gay boys could empathise too, right? :thumbsup:

edit: maybe it's just because I'm at the peak of adolescence. Yeah, that could be it, now I come to think of it... lol

#1 Psychedelic Bookmarks, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. Derek the Wolf

Agreed, I experienced the same thing. Before I accepted who I am, I avoided looking at guys. Now I notice them more. A lot more... :grin:

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I agree with you entirely! Ever since I admitted that I kind of liked other women, I'm always noticing when I find someone attractive! Not in a pervy way, but in an appreciative way. And it's completely natural. Before this, I hadn't really noticed anyone, and always found it strange when my female friends would start talking about some guy they had noticed, because I never noticed him!

But yes, definately, I notice other women a lot more now that I'm out to myself!

4. spellbound118

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep definatly know what you mean, now that i have admitted it to myself i notice girls a lot more. But now my mum knows so i find it weird when i do notice them! So i do but i try not to as i feel super conscious of it.

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah!! These days I'm like, 'Wow she's really fit!!!'

6. jazzrawr

I definately notice them more. Now when a cute girl walks by, I'm like 'damn...she's cute.' ... In my head of course. XD
    Apparently I can be quite obvious sometimes, because my mom always laughs at me when I do it. XD
    But yeah, since I accepted myself I can admit when I find a girl really attractive. :grin:

7. pirateninja

I guess it's because I used to tell myself "No, your not staring at her perfectly formed, twitching, round, perky buttocks." And just used to deny when I did notice, then when I finally said to myself, "Okay, you can look at girls, because you actually DO like 'em, despite your many protests... idiot", I sort of... noticed that I was noticing.

Did I make any sense there?

8. Apocalypte

Yeah, I noticed pretty much exactly the same thing when I first admitted to myself that I wasn't straight. It felt kinda liberating actually to be able to say to myself "It's ok to look at them and think they're hot, you don't have to think of it as just looking at the clothes...". :slight_smile:

9. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not going to write anything because that describes me perfectly as well!

10. Julien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    same with me but they are usually straight :frowning2:

11. EmperorNero

Same thing here. I've always been able to think other guys are good-looking, but not in that hot'n'sexy-way. A hot afternoon on a sunny beach filled with sexy people. It's better than heroine! Not that I've ever tried heroine, but my point remains clear. If I ever had one, that is.

12. Pixbadgirl

I think that it is healthy to be able to appreciate the beauty of both sexes, regardless of whether you are gay, straight or bi. There is something liberating about accepting that you can find either a man or woman attractive without having to fear your sexual orientation. I am sexually attracted to men, however, I often find myself thinking... "is that woman ever attractive."

One of my greatest hopes is that someday inner beauty will become more important than outward appearance. I don't mean this in a holier-than-thou way, I include myself in that hope.

Johanna

13. silentsound

yeah, the hormones probably *do* play a little part, but I think it is more that once you let yourself look and don't feel guilty or confused about it you *let* yourself notice more. I'm in the same boat, enjoy it! Enjoy the half glances and enjoy being ok with who you are!

14. Nodnarb

Yeah, definately something I noticed.

Before, if I ever thought "That guy is hot", I'd say to myself "What the hell is wrong with you?!?". Now its just natural to think that when I see a cute guy:slight_smile:

Also, right after I came out to my parents, if I was watching TV and there was a really hot guy or if I noticed that I was being too obvious when I saw a cute guy when we were out somewhere, I would feel really awkward. I guess wasn't comfortable with them knowing what I was thinking.....but I've gotten used to it, so it isn't a big deal anymore.

15. Cheese Love

Ahh I've so been there. I remember in ninth grade english class I used to stare at this girls chest and nothing has ever made me feel more perverted in my life. At that point I still had no clue I was gay >.>

16. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Yeah, I feel so much less weird for me noticing a girl's chest (i'm a boob fan). Well, I still feel a little weird, but not in the "i'm straight, why do I keep noticing this girl's boobs?" kind of way. Now it's more of a "ok, i'm attracted to girls and this girl has a great rack" kind of way. But I have recently been more able to notice attractive girls, and it feels nice.

17. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. When I was younger (like 14 lol) I was closeted even to myself, and I didn't really look at guys other than some select ones who really turned me on... Now I basically check out every guy 17-25 who is near me... (the hot ones get more checkout time, obviously)

18. epiphanies

Yep, I catch myself looking at some of my friends in a different light, and actually checking them out. Then I chuckle, because they don't know. :slight_smile:

19. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I'm checking out girls all the time now. Especially in my classes, which are like 80% girls because I'm an education major. I wish I had gaydar.

20. Starshine16

That goes for me too.I am always checking out girls in my classes and I think that gaydar would be very helpful to me so I don't make a fool of myself in front of them.