1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monogamous

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Dec 7, 2014.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hi Guys,

What does being monogamous mean to you?

2. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Monogamous means that as long as you are fucking me with some sort of frequency you do not fuck anyone else in the meantime nor do you actively seek to fuck others.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Monogamous means love between two people only.

4. Mickz

Not screwing around with other people while in a relationship with someone.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Monogamy is a relationship or a series of relationships involving two people sexually and/or socially/romantically exclusively with each other. It can be purely sexual, it can be social (usually both), often to the point of marriage and it's generally serial, apart from those willing/able/who just happen to be chaste until their sole relationship.

The latter is most "pure" in the sense that it's the most literally genuine monogamy, but it's obviously not polyamorous to have relationships with others that terminate before beginning the next.

6. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The more interesting question is - Do you believe that homosexuals could be monogamous?

I've mostly seen people that can't.

7. Hexagon

It means only being in a relationship and having sex with one person at a time. What else would it mean?

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Of course homosexuals can be monogamous. There are many married homosexual couples.

9. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Monogamy describes a relationship with two people involved, where they do not have sexual contact with anyone else.

I guess I disagree with the notion that they can only *love* one another, as there are many kinds of love, and one cannot in any event help or control with whom one falls in love. So making or expecting that kind of agreement is unrealistic/meaningless.

Of course they can...every bit as much as heterosexuals or bisexuals. In all three of those groups, the rate of *actual* monogamy is quite low. But certainly there are couples of all three kinds who maintain monogamy.

There are many married straight couples as well. Many fewer that are actually monogamous. I think if you take marriage as an indicator of monogamy (within any group of people), you're being touchingly naïve.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It means me and another person loving each other and we only have sex with each other we don't bring a 3rd person in .

11. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

To me, it means having to make a decision I don't really want to make.
    I do, and I'm somewhat okay with it, but yeah, it's not really in my nature.

12. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know no gay couple with two monogamous males. They always search for third, to make bedtime more fun. That's why I asked xD

13. Incognito10

I've noticed this trend too. Seems lots of gay male couples negotiate some form of acceptable non-monogamy.

14. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's cuz of the bottom guy, in most cases, from what I've noticed. Super-horny young couples can't have sex daily, for understandable reason so they search for a a third party - mostly a bottom boy.

Anyways, from all the people I've met, I'm left with the impresion that homosexuals can't really be monogamous, which is sad for a romantic person like me. xD I feel cheesy now ... :grin:

15. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's cuz of the bottom guy, in most cases, from what I've noticed. Super-horny young couples can't have sex daily, for understandable reason so they search for a a third party - mostly a bottom boy.

Anyways, from all the people I've met, I'm left with the impresion that homosexuals can't really be monogamous, which is sad for a romantic person like me. xD I feel cheesy now ... :grin:

16. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

There are DEFINITELY alot of monogamous homosexuals out there. Don't be disheartened!

17. Incognito10

I am a hopeless romantic too. I remember back during my days of innocence when I thought "I" would be enough for a guy forever and ever, sexually speaking. Apparently guys have an issue with getting bored sexually and like to spice things up, even if they remain emotionally loyal to their partner.

18. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I dislike that. I was thinking about it and I would probably let the one I love have sex with other men, if that's what he wants, but I won't do it. I hope I could resist the urges, though, if I ever get in such situation ;D Just to back my words hehe.

19. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Kind of an oxymoron. If your partner needs more than one guy to fully satiate his libido, then your urges should be fully met. It's him that's gonna find your sex drive insufficient.