1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant on what my mom thinks about lesbians

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Dec 7, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So we were all watching tv as a family , and my dad ask me if Sarah from the talk is pregrant and how did she get pregant since she's a lesbian my dad suggest that maybe she cheated with a man and I told my dad that lesbians can get sperm donor .

So my mom then says from across the room if a woman says she's a lesbian and is only attracted to women she's a stupid woman and how can a woman be attracted to another woman she's stupid .
    I tried not to say anything because I would have probably swore at her so I ignored it .

Then my mom ended up talking about how not to marry handsome men because their evil and I should just pick ugly men because their good and a guy that's nice .
    So I know this is wrong but to kinda mind fuck my mom I said
    " Yeah and when you have sex just lay back and think of England , or pretty flowers , I don't like sex much so I prefer to just lie there and thinking about something when he does his deed ."
    My mom then agreed and said yes
    I also said you know what I can also get drunk that way I can't remember it at all .
    I know it's kinda fucked up for me to say that and i could end up maybe outing myself but I was pissed .
    Anyway that's my rant .

2. vroompinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sigh. My parents say things like that quite a bit, too. And of course they have no idea, either.

3. David21201

*sigh, pats back* i feel ya..... i really do
    Just let 'em say their part and you ignore it. It's what they believe. Just let it go, y'know?

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As annoying, and frustrating it can be to have parents say homophobic things, but why are you letting it get to you like this? I presume that this is not the first time that you have heard your mom say something like this. Try to just let it go past you - in, in one ear, out from the other.

5. Lipstick Leuger

(((HUGS)))

Parent can be so stupid. Seriously, and I AM a parent.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*)

7. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that shit is so narrow minded and obnoxious. sorry you have to deal, mang.

you know though... speaking of outing yourself. i think the way i "came out of the closet" is perhaps the best way ever. considering, i never came out. one time i brought a girl over and i introduced her as my girlfriend. no questions asked. everything went well. about a month later, i was at my parent's doing laundry and my mom asked why i never told her i was gay. i simply responded with the fact that my brothers never told her they were straight, so i didn't see why it was important. she shrugged and just said, "makes sense to me."

it's been all gravy ever since.

8. White Knight

You are awesome. :thumbsup:

9. C P

C P

I'm sorry you have to listen to this shit; family is so frickin' irritating with that, I swear...

I know this is late, but I figured it is best left here. I was just riding out with my aunts and a friend of theirs and after we dropped the friend off, on the way back, they started their homophobic crap yet again; this time about lesbians.

They were talking about someone they knew was locked up or something and the one aunt was reminded when she got in slight trouble and had to do two weeks. She referred to the woman she was in there with as 'this dyke' and they started talking about how she was probably watching my aunt wash her ass, blah blah. She said she better not have tried any shit because we know she don't fly that way.

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

The only person who did anything wrong in that story is your mother.

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your parents, and your mom in this case, have strange ideas. It got stranger when she mentioned that handsome men are evil. I think a lot of this is HER personal baggage and lack of worldliness coming through. If she's religious, then there's that, too.

Like Mirko said, let in go in one ear and out the other. To let off steam, be sure to discuss it with your friends, too. But it would be irritating to have to listen to this sort of rubbish, at the very least.

I've had to listen to a lot of stuff from stupid people, uneducated people, and very religious people. My parents said some stupid things, but not too many about LGBT people and issues because that didn't matter, since there have been quite a never-married people who were either siblings, cousins, or friends of theirs and, while that was the reason or not, they just didn't readily broach that topic. I know that there were a neighbor down the street from her who wanted to befriend her at one time and she told me she just wasn't interested in knowing the lady. I later met this lady when she was walking in the neighborhood and it was apparent that she lived with her (female) partner and their dogs, and she was not stereotypically lady like, so then I sort of "got it." Also, when I told my mom about discrimination in the workplace, she minimalized it with "people need good workers" ... yep, but when there's rainmaking or client contact involved, then discrimination can come into play. The dumbest thing that my dad said was that 'masturbation causes men to lose their hair.' It's still here!

Your situation is different than mine was. With me, I showed my irritation and told them they were ridiculous and/or clueless ... and bore no consequences. You would open a Pandora's box and you need to keep the peace the best you can until your living situation changes. I completely understand how you'd want to lash out at her/them.

#11 Tightrope, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  12. incredible06

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hmm.. happens all the time tho

13. gayer axolotl

Stocking it is time to stop hanging out with the family unit, if that means no dinner and tv at least you will have the sanity

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I would love to come out of the closet this way :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2014 at 09:33 PM ----------

they won't let me hun:icon_sad:

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2014 at 09:33 PM ----------

Thanks wuggums (*hug*)

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2014 at 09:34 PM ----------

Yeah it's not safe to come out to them .