1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly question on hair products

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IJustWantToLove, Dec 8, 2014.

1. IJustWantToLove

Hey guys, I could need some help here (feel kinda silly for asking but I'm sure there's someone here who can help :slight_smile:)
    So yeah, basically I have no clue whatsoever which hair product to use to style my hair...
    I tried styling gel, but I don't really like the wet look.
    I tried styling mousse but this doesn't really do anything to keep my hair in form.
    And I tried hair wax, which I like best of this three options, but which isn't perfect either because I find it hard to apply and to style my hair with it...

So yeah, I wanted to try something else, but I was overwhelmed by the abundant choicest... I would be very grateful to get some pointers :slight_smile:

(I have no clue if this is relevant at all, but if it is: I have pretty short hair that tends to lie flat on my head/fall in my face and I'm going for a have my hair standing up, but combed back kinda look...)

2. Hexagon

If your hair is short, then I really don't know why you'd have a problem. Gel should work, but if you don't like the wet look, then try a different one. In my experience, they only look wet when they're supposed to, or if you put too much on.

3. Melanie

Melanie Guest

American Crew Fiber. Its kinda a gel/wax and its completely matte. Make sure you put it in dry not wet hair. Put it wet hair it will make it look shiny.

4. Hexagon

He is in germany. They might not sell it there.

5. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    gel is disgusting. it reminds me of white trash dollar store hair products used by 99% of the males in the trailer park community.

pomade is what i use and it's the best stuff out there, i think. as much as i hate to admit it, i use Axe pomade. their products and commercials are a huge joke but for some reason their pomade just works perfectly in my hair.

6. soulcatcher

7. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I second clay. It'll work for most short hairstyles.

8. IJustWantToLove

Thanks for your responses =D

Like Hexagon said, I'm from Germany, so we don't might have the exact same one. But the gel/wax combo sounds good, especially since it's matte =)

Quick follow up question: Isn't pomade oil based and therefore would make my hair look slick/wet?

I think I'll see if I can find either the gel/wax combo or clay and try those out.
    Thanks again =)

9. DawnM

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual