1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's a "queer bar" next to my school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by puppiesarecute, Dec 8, 2014.

1. puppiesarecute

I had never noticed it before. It's sad, it's very run down and small, it looked like it was hiding. There was a flag on the door and i only noticed it because my rainbow radar powers were especially active today. Still, I'm happy. It's somewhat a remnant of old ny queer bars, it's kinda like a preserved little piece of history. When I saw it I kinda thought "that's what I imagine Stonewall to have looked like". Plus good note to make for when I'm a bit older.

2. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I kind of want that near my school... Better than having no one out of the closet that I know!

3. SecretRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Woah, there's a lot in LA. It's sad some are run down D:

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Around my college, we had a few bars and they were mostly a cesspool for drug addicts and drunks. I mean, students were literally going into class high or drunk.

Anyway... The one gay bar we do have in the city, has this really nice logo (of sorts) that is put on the main boulevard that lights up, only after hours and it's so subtle, that if you're not gay, you wouldn't' notice it.

I fail to see why gay bars are something that should be "hidden". I don't know how things in the US are, but here, there is also the factor of protecting the visitors from potential homophobes who wish to get into a fight. But still, they should be easier to find/access.