1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight girls making lesbian comments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InfiniteStars, Dec 8, 2014.

1. InfiniteStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anybody else get ridiculously confused/frustrated when girls you know are straight joke about being girlfriends? Like hey, are you ACTUALLY gay? Because I'd totally ask you out then.... Ugh. Just saw this about 5 times in a rown on Instagram and needed to rant a bit!! I mean I know girls tend to act more affectionately towards each other even as friends, and I do it too, it just bugs me when it makes me question their sexuality! Are there more of us than we think?? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

(Sorry if this comes off as rude or offensive to anyone.)

2. CyanChachki

Not really because I knew that the term Girlfriend - as in dating and Girl Friend - as in friend who is a girl where totally different. Mind you, it did sound a little cheesy when straight girls still called themselves Girl Friends after a certain age.

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I think it's kind of cute when girls do this.. But yes it can be annoying. The cute part about it for me is they love/like their friend enough to label them as their girlfriend and I just find it sweet. It's kind of sexy how some girls say it too :wink:

I do understand how you would get offended as it does bug myself when I start to question their sexuality. Girls are just affectionate cuties though. Complete cuddle bugs! Not all girls but a few are :slight_smile: and it's adorable x

4. PurpleGrey

I think it's confusing, really. Kinda makes me wish there were invisible neon signs that only queer people could see indicating where other queer people are. Or a handheld gay detector...haw!

5. cuppycake

I also think it's confusing. I mean, I get that girls tend to act this way a lot, and that it's normal, but sometimes it really messes me up, to the point where I began denying my sexuality, because kissing or telling you love a girl, is what all girls do.

Of course, I was young at the time, so now I understand that straight girls don't love each other in the romantic way, but rather, in the friendly, sisterly way. Still, it does confuse me a lot, and it actually hurts when someone you have a crush on starts cuddling and kissing you, and saying they love you, in a silently-obvious heterosexual way. But, hey. That's life. We just have to deal with it, lol.

6. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm okay with that, because I find that I'm usually able to tell. What gets me is when people put themselves in a relationship on Facebook with their best friend and then post "we're not actually lesbians guys."

7. Rainbow Girl

One time this girl at my school stopped in the halls and told me her friend thought I was hot, then pointed to two girls laughing their heads off going, "It's her." "No, it's her." "No, it's her." I was really annoyed because I knew from the laughter it was prank but I had waited so long for a girl to think I was hot but before I couldn't pursue without embarrassing myself. Plus, I'm not really out and school and I was afraid they picked me because they knew and even if they didn't, if I pursued it they would know then. So, all around I was pretty annoyed.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I find it confusing but they can call each other what they want ,but it annoys me when they try to act like their gay for a joke it's like their making fun of my sexuality and I can't stand it .

9. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I agree. When straight girls jokingly act gay, this pisses me off big time. Even as bi, I find it offensive and as you said belittling my sexuality.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The sad part is they think their being supportive of lesbian and bi women . :icon_sad:
    I just wanna say knock it off your not helping :tantrum:

11. the haunted

I'm not bothered by it. I can take a joke. I also can usually tell who's straight and who's not. I like to play around with guys sometimes and call them my boyfriend/husband. I don't see it as making fun of heterosexuals.

12. QueerQueen

Aww that situation sucks :frowning2:

I do get annoyed by it, me and my friend were sitting in a coffee shop and there were these two girls sitting at another table to the side of us and they were like "hey, me and ___ are lesbians now" no do not like it. Maybe in some situations or depends how they're going about it, but it makes me feel like a joke.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know right. The worst I've seen is when they flirt with you but don't mean it it's fuckin annoying.:dry:

14. Kiwigirl18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I find it so confusing when girls do this because I end up over analysing everything they do to see if they're gay or bi or just really affectionate straight girls. I think this is why you hear of so many lesbians falling for their straight best friend.

15. NatWheeled

Hmm,

I used to joke around n flirt with certain friends....until one actually asked me point blank if I'd go out with a girl if asked. That was sorta my aha moment, my duh moment, my oh shit I wasn't joking as much as I thought moment.

So, maybe some are gay n just haven't quite put the pieces together yet.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This whole straight girl jokingly flirting thing is kinda why now I don't take any woman seriously when they flirt with me unless I know for sure their gay . I just ignore and act like I don't even see it, but there is this one girl who is straight she seems to try more but it's just harmless flirting I guess I wouldn't take a girl seriously unless she pulled me aside and said she has feelings for me or just out right kissed me or something .
    I don't take flirtation from chicks seriously anymore . Because I can no longer tell if it's real or fake so sorry other lesbians and bi girls if you flirt with me , I'll just act like I'm not interest or like you didn't do it in the first place unless we're in a gay bar or lgbt center or some other lgbt friendly place I know the girls there don't fake when they flirt .

#16 stocking, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  17. ChameleonSoul

Sorry to butt into this thread, but this is a really good idea for an app!