1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Interesting Observation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Justinian20

Personally I have observed something based off my attraction to guys, I only just observed this as well. I find that us gay guys seem to be attracted to the things in a guy that a heterosexual woman is attracted to in a guy. Lesbian gals are similar except they see what said heterosexual man sees in girls.

So imagine a woman saying oh my boyfriend is so hot and he has a muscular and sexy body, a gay guy like myself would say the same thing about a fellow man. Maybe that is a reason for why a lot of gay guys make friendships with women because they can relate more easily to what the women are saying and again that comes into music style and is probably why gay guys like the female vocals in music because they usually sing about things that we gay guys can relate to as we see the same things in men as said women see in men as well. Lesbians are similar except in the domination of the male gender in same subjects as the gay men.

Bisexuals actually have both ways of thinking, which means that Bisexuals won't have any focus on any gender but they see women and men in the different lights of a man being hot or a woman being quite sexy, so therefore a Bisexual man may be more understanding of the attraction and the feelings a man might have for a woman, or the feelings a man would have for a man.

It's kind of interesting and what I've said about gay guys is definitely applicable to me in that respect. I think most of you guys and girls understand this and it's just a basic reiteration on something you guys don't think about.

2. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm bi (pan) and I still don't see why every woman in the world is attracted to Johnny Depp and the guy who plays Thor. Yeah, they're great, but are they really that hot? Do you even know what they're like outside of film? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Hexagon

I guess I get no friends then :frowning2: (Asexualish)

4. Justinian20

Cause they were rated sexiest man alive in people's magazine I believe and you know how it is with celebrities for girls. I find it really funny I know who has been rated sexiest man alive but I don't know sexiest woman alive and I am not interested in finding out who is, but I've always liked sexiest man alive at one point, yep, they were my celebrity hotties. The post by The Janitor

Hexagon, you have no problem with friends as even though you don't feel sexual attraction, you can be friends with anyone because it's more about personality for you, so you might pick better friends than most of us gay guys or lesbian women or bisexual men and women.

#4 Justinian20, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  5. White Knight

I think everyone has their own attractive/repulsive things list on targeted gender list.

I, for one, never find Brad Pitt sexy. He is cool looking but that is all. I however can understand why people can find Angelina Jolie sexy tho'.

6. Sang

I think it's that you want what you can't have and perception of beauty kinda thing. Like Justinian20 said, they're elevated to that status so people change their perceptions to coincide.

I'll admit I think Chris Hemsworth and Mark Walhberg are hot!! And for some reason I have a crush on Angelina Jolie but I'm trying to get over that. :slight_smile:

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funny you should mention that. I've had the most interesting conversations on this subject with my three sisters (the youngest one is still uncomfortable but very accepting, so I like to tease her with more graphic descriptions of what it's like).

8. Hexagon

What if I had a terrible personality?

That's me just being pedantic, though. I know I can have friends lol.