1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you good at?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cuppycake, Dec 9, 2014.

1. cuppycake

Heh, this is my first topic here *blushes like a true virgin* A-Ahem.

So, what are you good at? A subject in school, a certain hobby, or maybe something unique and unusual? I'm sure all of you have talents, so go on, don't be shy - let them shine here ~

Also, if you could choose what to be good in, what would you pick? I'd pick Maths, LOL.

2. Rainbows~Exist

I'm really good at drawing and painting, writing fiction and I'm doing well at all of my subjects in school (It feels like I'm bragging XD).

I think I'd like to be better at maths too and if I could have any talent I'd LOVE to be able to sing (I'm not sure if I can sing because I'm to shy to show anyone :/).

3. Yosia

I'm amazing at being me!!

4. Hexagon

I'm good at philosophy, politics, debate, writing, and martial arts. If I could choose what to be good at, I might pick music or drawing, or something like that.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...

I'm a chemistry teacher with two masters degrees.
    A shodan (black belt) in shotokan style karate.
    I'm pretty awesome at FPSs and RPGs.

6. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm good at making people laugh, chemistry, geology and recommending books and music to people.

I wish I was good at physics and playing the guitar.

7. Thedistra

I'm mediocre at pretty much everything expect video games, that's where I would say I have the most talent.

8. DiogoTy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Best chemistry teacher ever? 5*

I'm pretty good at mmorpgs/mobas aside that I can also draw and sort of a all around football player :thumbsup:

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I think the better question is, what am I not good at? LOL!

I could make a list of things that I think, but I'll list things, others have said or confirmed:

- Appreciation:
    If I want to make you feel valued, I can do it. Easily. I like giving personal attention to folks, if and when they need it, and I can provide it. Life can be difficult, so, giving a few moments to acknowledge somebody, is a precious and wonderful thing. This, of everything, is the one thing I am good at, that is probably the most appreciated. When I am able to do this, I leave folks feeling happy, cheeks red, and grins so big it hurts their face, LOL. However, it isn't as often used offline, as much as I'd like.

- Criminology:
    Individuals, even my Criminal Justice professor, have made similar remarks that, I can think like a criminal. I like solving criminal cases, or finding the formulas.

- Dedication:
    This one is interesting, because I've been complimented on and criticized about it. Complimented due to, when I make a decision to stick to something, I will. Criticized due to, also, when I make a decision to stick to something, I will, almost with a very obsessive demeanor. Most folks, for example, find it surprising I can smoke cigarettes a few times, then stop for weeks, like it was nothing.

- Humor:
    This one is pretty apparent. I don't really try to be funny, because then you risk going into the annoying end of the funny spectrum. I've been complimented on this before, usually in words or with smiling, laughing faces.

- Patience:
    I can be very patient. I learned, sometimes, you have to. But the mistake most make is, while waiting, they do nothing else, so they're wasting time. Me, I'll wait, but I'll tend to other things. I've been complimented for this, but have also intimidated folks by it.

- "Social" Sciences:
    Philosophy, Psychology, History, Sociology, and so on. People tend to ask me questions about, or pertaining to, these. Most respect me, when it comes to these things. I've been complimented, even revered, in these areas of knowledge, from fellow peers to administrators.

- Strategy & Tactics:
    Several folks have expressed appreciation for my ability to see, formulate, and plan.

- Wisdom:
    Many have praised and thank me, for providing them an encouraging word or a piece of advice. Offline, this is probably my most known characteristic, amongst people. Humor and strategy are close follow-ups.

- Writing:
    Personally, I'd say I'm a 8.5/10 when it comes to writing. Some of my punctuation is questionable, as I tend to write how I speak, so my commas may be out of place, for example. However, I get praised for this quite a lot, when I do write.

Now, what do I want to be good at?

Mathematics, easily. After addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, shapes, measurements, telling time, handling money, and percentages, I'm a fucking idiot. I know some terms and remember some approaches, but that's about it. Mathematics is not my forte.

#9 Kaiser, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Killing joy and sardonicism.

11. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

If only my obsession with gifs could get me somewhere in life... *Resists urge to post appropriate companion gif*

12. Psaurus918

13. Candace

My job(s), which are testing center proctor and Spanish tutor
    Learning languages
    Geography
    History
    Planning things
    Making people happy

14. C P

C P

Trivia and, apparently, painting.

15. I'm okay at drawing I suppose... mediocre at piano.
    I'm pretty good at competetive Pokemon battleing (tsk tsk) and I'm not terrible at league of legends. I'm okay at voice acting, at least the people I did it for liked it. I've been told im good at writing, but idk because most of the time I just bs my way through essays if I don't like the topic lol:wink: oooo I make yummy tea! if you want tea, call me up. I'm also a professional hug giver:astonished:

oh also I'm super buff and muscular married to all my 2d waifus on a big mountain of rainbows in the sky and were like Olympic gold medalists at procrastinating and um... where was I going with this?
    (jk I'm a noodle, um the least buff person ever heh, ignore that last paragraph thing)

16. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm good with languages and linguistics and easily pick up languages. I've also been creating my own language.

I'm good at geography and trivia and have won several geography bees and quiz bowl tournaments.

I'm good at gardening and irrigation and have helped neighbors with their irrigation systems before.

I'm good at reading a room and telling when people are upset, even if they're trying to hide it :slight_smile:

17. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Snark, Scrabble, and trivia

18. TurtleCat

Caregiving, arts and crafts, reading lots of books.

19. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Making the folks laugh
    giving out advice apparently
    Acting
    Planning themed stuff

20. essie

I'm double jointed so I have a bunch of party tricks I could show off. I can also scream really really loud. I wish my "talents" were a bit more useful. All I got from my hypermobility was a knee sprain. Fun!