1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any (gray-)aces have the luck of finding others?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C P, Dec 9, 2014.

1. C P

C P

It can be in general but I'm more so referring to offline; for the most part, those like us seem virtually nonexistent.

This kind of popped in mind again after seeing/hearing more of that 'sex is soooo important for a healthy relationship' ya di da nonsense recently; It kinda makes ya wonder -what's wrong here?- at times. I've asked around what people thought of otherwise and tended to get answers varying from "very unusual" to "fucking weird". I mean is it really that difficult to comprehend that someone could(or would rather) live without it, and without a single care/thought in the world at that?

My thought here I suppose is that, because it's like everyone in these kinda shoes is spread so thinly that, should I ever bother with something like a relationship, it'd end up being someone who'd want it(or they'd be stuck with me more like it). I feel like I wouldn't be able to completely satisfy someone in regards to this and that it'd cause issues like them feeling like I didn't truly love them or something(an open relationship would be a big no-go and it would only make things shittier personally anyways).

It was pretty interesting to see the responses in the 'would you date an asexual?' thread, and how split things were(at least in voting). I felt like a lot of the yes's were just others being nice or questionably optimistic though(optimism can be pretty blah sometimes).

Does anyone else feel like they're in a similar situation?

This is more hypothetical anyways, because a relationship seems like some crazy myth at this point, but whatever.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm a gray-ace too and I don't seem to have any luck finding people. Most of my relationships were met online where we could discuss something like this first. Sucks It's so hard to meet others in real life :frowning2:

3. C P

C P

That's what I mean. It's nice to see that others actually exist while someplace like here, but offline is a whole different universe. :-l

4. Hexagon

I'm aceish. I've never found a partner, but I'm sure I will eventually if I want to. I'm not actually opposed to having sex, though.

5. White Knight

Living without sexual contact is doable... There are things you can do all by yourself for sexual release as we all know... especially young lads :grin:

In theory that would be enough to satisfy non-asexual side's desires. However things doesn't work like that. For most of us, even for a guy like me who doesn't care about sex too much, it is part of showing affection... sharing most sacred thing in a relationship.

In sexual-nonsexual relationship, you can see it like one sided love. You love someone who isn't interested in you so much that it hurts. You can and would do anything in the world to make them love you... even for a bit. For other side you act like crazy and illogical as it is clear that they don't feel the feelings. Most of the time logic has very little to do with love.

I don't know if that makes any sense or answer at least part of your question.

6. C P

C P

Oh, the hell joy of having to be up early...

I'm not opposed to it either, at least not in a bad sense like considering it vile; I just have no desire/craving/whatever for it and I'd honestly rather be left alone about it.

It just kinda gives me a sort of twitch when everyone's blah-ing about it as if it is the be all end all to the universe(particularly when they bug me about my lack of it) and makes me wonder if it would ever be worth it to look out for someone that seemingly doesn't exist.

So...in other words, it's best to just leave any potential relationship hope alone, since I lack interest in something sooo sacred and it'd only lead to pain and a one-sided relationship?

Seems plausible.

7. White Knight

Relationships are about giving and getting, like a two way street. If you expect some one who wants both physical and emotional satisfaction to settle for only emotional one, then yes it would lead into a disaster.

8. C P

C P

Of course it would, and I wouldn't expect someone like that to settle, because that would be incredibly unfair to them. Hence why I made the statement that I did; I wasn't really snapping at you there but that kinda talk only further leads me to question if there actually is someone out there...if maybe it is in the best interest of everyone that I just remain on my solo trek.

I haven't ever bought into that 'soul mate' nonsense personally, so hmm...

9. Aquilo

There are ace-ace couples. So maybe you'll find a nice ace guy/girl. :wink: I think things like ace-meetings and forums exist if you wish to find someone who is ace too. There's also the option to get with a non-ace person, although relationships with people with differing sexual desires can be hard, some couples can make it work.

So don't give up hope yet! (*hug*)

10. C P

C P

Can't help but think relationships are just a waste of time to really consider at this point(it's actually an advantage to have never been in one for once). What timing to be reminded again(just a short while ago) about how important certain things are in regards to one.

It's always good to hear reassurance, so I'll thank you for this post; it's the only thing keeping me from uppercutting someone atm. It may do me some good to return to perusing those for a bit.

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It's too bad you like guys and l like girls because I feel we're the only ones that understand each other here :frowning2: