1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hydrogen, May 13, 2007.

1. Hydrogen

Well as you may know from my other thread, today was moving day. I now know why people hate moving, overall the move did go well, however there were a few uncontrollable things that cast a shadow over the day, including the bad storm that came through the area.

The day started off simple, we had already loaded up the cars, and at 6am I felt Tyler nudging me, and trying to wake me. ( He is very much a morning person, and I am very much a night dweller.) I finally woke up when his whole family and my mom were dressed and ready to go. We left at 7:15, after having breakfast, and this is when my frustration started. I don't know about others you, but I am lead foot, and well unfortunatlly not everyone going is. We took 5 cars filled to the brim, Mine, Tyler's, My Moms, Tyler's dads truck, and my friend James' truck, who also came to help .
    I realized that it was going to take a long time to get there, when on the highway it seems his dad both had problems going over 60mph (in a 70).. So half way there, I convinced Tyler's dad to let Emile drive there car because I just cant stand slow drivers. Now I still couldn't go at my usual clip, but 80mph was much better than 60mph.

Everything was great once we got there, and started moving in, however since the apartment is on the second story it was tiring to move all the stuff.

We then all piled into Tyler's car and went to lunch, then we went back to the apartment to make a game plan, we still had one car load at home, so Tyler and I would go home, load up and come back. Emilie and My mom would stay at the Apartment and arrange the furniture. ( Tyler and I are not stereotypical gay guys, we could care less about fashion or decorating. The only thing I am overly anal about is things must look and be clean. )
    His parents were convinced they needed to give us a house warming gift, so they were going to go shopping.

After packing the car back up, we went around and said by to various friends, and headed to our new home.

Half way there we got a flat tire, so I pulled off at the next exit and we changed the tire. As I stared to turn around to get back on the highway, Tyler saw a sign about Labrador puppies, and convinced me with a few kisses that the flat tire was a sign that we should go "look" at the puppies. ( he has always wanted a dog, since he was like 4 I'm told.. so I knew what was coming ) I will admit that once I saw them, It would have been hard to leave without one. We both decided on this one pup, who is very sweet, and just wanted to sleep while we tried to play with it, apparently the pup reminds Tyler of me, and I quote "Your both cute, both sweet, and both just want to cuddle and sleep during the day, so now you will have something to cuddle with and will stay up with you if I am tired"
    So we had to get him. It was nice outside, and as we were leaving I was looking at the sky and somehow we decided to call the pup Sky.

We got within 5 miles of our new home, and these dark clouds started to roll in, we just barely got inside when the storm started, and of course within seconds of walking in Sky then decides to go to the bathroom on the kitchen floor, so I had to take him out in the Rain, Lightning and Wind to continue his bathroom break. When I was able to get Sky back inside, we were both sopping wet, I did pause long enough to notice that the apartment looked great. I picked Sky up and took him the the Master bath, and closed the door, I asked Tyler to find the towels we packed, and some soap. I then took a shower with Sky, who is just like me, he just curled up around my feet and fell asleep despite the water falling on him. Tyler came in and said he would wash the dog, I should go get in the Bath tub and warm up. I took a quick bath, and then went and got Sky from the shower, and dried him off, then "helped" Tyler dry off. We all then went back to the Den where everyone was waiting.

Obviously Sky was the talk of the night, poor guy got handled so much, I am sure he will be sore tomorrow. Emile went out for us and got dog things, like food, coller, leash, toys, etc.

So they day went well overall, but I am kinda mad that Tyler and I have not gotten to sleep in our own bed tonight. My mom took one guest room, Emile the other, and Tyler's parents took our room. So my James, Tyler and I are having to share the den. James is in a recliner in the corner, and Tyler, Sky and I are cuddled up on the couch. Tyler was out in minutes, and is wrapped around me, and Sky is at me feet so I can't get up to do anything so James gave me my laptop so I could email and come here to post like I said I would. We got some pictures and I will try to get them developed and scanned for you guys later.

Well I'm going to go to sleep here soon so that I am not cranky tomorrow, since we have to take our moms out for mothers day..

2. TeeBe

That sounds like the move from hell! At least you got a cute four legged friend out of it. Good luck in your new home!