1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! I have no will!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Dec 10, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    My cousin (who is like 7 years older than me) invited me to her place and we had a serious chat while I was there. She told me that I looked useless and unhappy. She told me that I had no will to make my own decisions, as I always look for a friend's advice before a do anything. I bored my friends with that attitude so nowadays I use Yahoo answers and this forum.

I realized that I so stuck in my comfort zone, I don't even have a job. I don't dare to do exciting things. I can't stay away from toxic people. I never allow myself to fail or to do something spontaneous like inviting someone for a date

2. TheStormInside

Hey edy, I can relate. Sometimes you can get stuck in place and it feels like the whole world is passing you by. But I think many people go through a period like this at some point in their lives. How old are you? Are you still in school? Looking for work? Living alone, or with your family?

It can seem scary to leave your comfort zone, because it's well, comfortable. But there comes a point where your feelings of emptiness and dissatisfaction may outweigh your desire for safety. And if you let yourself sit still too long, you may find yourself later regretting not doing more to progress in life.

Are there some small things you can do to start taking steps toward making changes in your life? Maybe do something you wouldn't normally do but isn't particularly daring or dangerous, see how that makes you feel to shake things up and push yourself a little.

3. DinelodiiGitli

First off I can't believe someone would tell ANYONE that. No living being is "useless", everyone has a purpose no matter how small it might seem. If your friends are that quick to ignore you then I have a hard time believing they're your friends.
    With that being said do you know why you're "stuck in your comfort zone"? Is it anxiety or something else?

4. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 21 and I'm still living with my family. I haven't worked in two years. I'm always short of cash

The thing is... everything unusual makes me feel uneasy. Even going out with a bunch of friends :rolle:

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2014 at 09:31 AM ----------

Yes, it's anxiety. And I don't blame them for not giving a crap anymore. I alway come up with the same things over and over. I speak a lot a do little

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

This might sound kind of funny, but you need to find the will to not believe it when people tell you that you have no will. As long as you don't let other people bring you down, you're golden. It's easier said than done, and I'm not really sure how to explain how to do it, but I'm sure you'll find a way.

6. incredible06

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    stand up:slight_smile: life goes on!

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I have the same problem. If it's any help, I've adapted the mindset that it's not so bad to stay within or close to your comfort zone, as people sometimes make it out to be. I mean yeah you'll have to leave it eventually and yes while it's difficult at first it's usually possible to grow into and rewarding in the long run, BUT

I think that perseverance can also pay off, IF, you apply yourself, and are actively searching for a place you can further yourself while staying relatively comfortable at the same time. The thing is (and this is my main problem) depending on where you live, and what you like to do, such a place might be hard and take time to find, or may not exist at all. So it's usually good to explore whatever opportunities you can in the meantime.

Like most everyone, I'm sure you have plenty of free will of your own, though it may be repressed (you mentioned having toxic people around you, I hope they arent impeding your progress too much ;-; ) or maybe it has yet to take a form you clearly recognize. For now, I think it's probably good to focus on things you personally enjoy, in your free time and in life in general. Use those things to make connections, to a work/school/home environment you'll be more comfortable in, which should ultimately get you closer to where you want to be in life. Your freedom and expression and happiness should increase as you approach that place~ and there's no rush, Life starts whenever you want it to. Or that's how it should be, anyway