1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Terrifying Thought: Why I Wish I Were 18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wander, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So for the last few weeks, my mom and I have been watching the presidential and vice presidential debates together. My dad can't stand politics, but we find them pretty funny, if not sad. But it wasn't until today, when I saw a classmate who has a striking resemblance to Tina Fey, that I realized just what the results of this election could be:

[​IMG]

And that absolutely made me jump. I'm sad to say that I could probably tolerate McCain by himself for four, even eight more years, but with Miss Congeniality by his side he's turned the election into a TV drama joke. My parents are split in terms of politics and I've tried hard not to push or pull them in any one direction, but I hate that I won't be able to vote until the 2012 election. I know my one vote would only leave a tiny blue drop on an Alabama inked in with red, but an unnoticeable difference is marginally better than none at all.

2. Nodnarb

I agree. I hate that I can't vote yet(even if it looks like Iowa is safely Obama).

A lot of my friends are old enough to vote but simply don't care. It frustrates me that they feel that way, but I try not to tell them what to do.

3. Adam

I live in a Republican state, but who knows, I think this time anything can happen really.
    Obama ftw

4. pianomike

i don't get it, sarah palin is vice president runner up. why did you put her in the 45 spot and mccain in 44?
    CONFUSED

5. Level N Human

^Well in all probability; with McCain's lack of health and abundance of age - he'll probably die in office.

And Wander, I wish you could vote too. :frowning2:

6. Tim

Tim

^ If McCain is killed or dies, the Vice President takes over. Hence she would become 45, whereas he would still have been 44.

7. Amy

Amy

i agree.

i want to loby a proposition that would allow selct minors to vote after being approved by a comittee withing the party that they are registering for.

therefore my family would be moving to canada.

8. Tim

Tim

Which is near alaska, which is where Palin can see Russia and keep an eye on them, dont'cha know? >_> Lol

9. Nodnarb

I'm hopeful that Omaha could go to Obama, but as for the rest of the state. No way in hell.

10. Amy

Amy

so not only will i have lived in another country, i will have lived in a country next to a country where you can see another country. :O

11. Adam

12. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More and more "red states" also known as conservative states are turning into toss-up states, where they're fair game for any candidate. This election year three big ones are Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia. More and more people are going Democratic this election year and it's no wonder why. In the most recent poll of polls, Obama is sitting at 49% and McCain's at 41% with only 20 days or so until the election. And yes, if McCain is elected he will be the oldest person elected president for a first term. He's 72 and if he served 8 years he would be leaving the White House at age 80. If elected, and McCain were unable to serve for whatever reason, Sarah Palin (his VP) would be our next president. The Electoral College requires the number 270 to win the White House. CNN projects Obama's at 264 and McCain's at 174. With only 6 points shy from winning, Obama is more than likely going to be #44. I won't say it's certain though, as anything can happen. This time in 2004, Bush and Kerry were tied at 48% each and Bush ended up winning by about 3%. So yes, anything can happen. And as for Wander, I'm voting Obama in a toss-up state (Nevada) which is leaning blue. So hopefully on January 20, 2009 we'll be inaugarating Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United State. :slight_smile:

13. dictionary

I dont get what the numbers mean?

14. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

palin is sh*t bat crazy

15. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    American President #44, etc.

16. dictionary

omg.. i cant belive it was just them in chronilogical order...