1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASMR videos, anyone watch them / opinions?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shinji, Dec 10, 2014.

1. shinji

shinji Guest

I was just curious to see how many (if any at all) people here rely on ASMR videos in order to relax, sleep and/or achieve lucid dreaming?

If possible, can we turn this thread into one, where people discuss and recommend good ASMR videos that they themselves found helpful in any way?

For those that are not familiar with what "ASMR" stands for, I suggest having a read here:
    Autonomous sensory meridian response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. littlemonster11

I find that ASMR videos do indeed help me relax/fall asleep a lot easier. They're very helpful in controlling my anxiety and restlessness.

The ones most effective for me are the ones that have ear-to-ear whispers. My favorite ASMRtists are GentleWhispering and TheOneLilium.

This video by GentleWhispering is my favorite to fall asleep to.

3. Burnedcloset

i watch asmr but, i dont actually have the "tingles". its more for relaxation for me.

i watch mostly female asmrtists. i think HeatherFeather is a really good one to start with. doctor exams are the best vids for me.....

4. shinji

shinji Guest

I personally tend to focus more on the sounds themselves, not the actual acting as I do tend to keep my eyes closed during these videos. That being said, MassageASMR does have some nice videos.

Also, may I just go ahead and suggest this person - JustAWhisperingGuy. Him having a correctly configured 3Dio Space Pro, does result in some good videos.

I'm noticing we pretty much watch the same stuff, maybe it's due to lack of people who actually do ASMR videos, it's still a small community.

Not veering too off-topic. Opinions on "guided relaxation" videos?

As for tingles, it's pretty hard to get them once you've watched a video and in time it gets even harder depending on how often you watch said videos.

5. AKTodd

I sometimes watch the videos, but unfortunately I am still looking for one that depicts the activities that really induce tingles. For me that's things like watching someone take apart and service a copier or printer (all those little moving parts) or change out the fixtures in office lighting or run data cables or otherwise do things up in a drop ceiling.

Todd

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I watch ASMR videos. I, too, tend to prefer female voices.

GentleWhispering is one of the better contributors, and definitely gives me the largest amount of tingles. I get tingles near my left ear (my most sensitive area, when it comes to ASMR, or in general), and at the base of my back, mostly, with the occasional tingle at the back of my head.

Interestingly, I'm able to achieve a hands-free orgasm through ASMR, with the right accumulation of sounds.

My favorite technique is ear-to-ear whispering, or blowing in the ear, be it just one or ear-to-ear.

Not all ASMR videos induce tingles for me, but that doesn't make them totally useless. Many can be very relaxing, which is fine, because sleep is an acceptable consolation result.

My favorites?

GentleWhispering
    Beautiful woman, with a soothing voice. It's hard to feel bad, when she speaks to you. Her feminine grace is just astounding.

VioletsVoice
    Just a sweet young lady. Her videos aren't as "professionally" done, but that's part of their charm, because they come off more authentic.

Amalzd
    Her nonchalant attitude in her casual videos is what won me over, as well as some of them. Not all of her videos are Academy Award-winning, but when she does a video right, it's fantastic.

Fairy Char ASMR
    This woman is absolutely adorable and amazing. Her kisses video is fucking incredible, and always leaves me feeling loved and tingly.

Mysilkysounds
    To be fair, I've only seen one video of hers, but it's a decent one. It's about healing the negative energy in you, and her voice is exceptional in it.