1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

work related worries

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lostwoods, Dec 10, 2014.

1. lostwoods

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work two jobs , and have been really sick since this last sunday. Had a.fever on and off until early this morning. Hardly any solid food and little sleep. Needless to say im weak and just starting to recover.

Dr says i have upper respiriatory infection and it will have to run its course. Tomorrow will be three days missed at each job. Iam in no shape to work. Im light headed and now naucious on top of it since getting a little of my hunger back. Slept maybe 3 hours while coughing constantly although the coughs getting better. So im on the up...but not quite fit enough to work.

Im ok mostly sitting now but walking around or any activity quickly takes it out of me. Im concerned about losing my jobs. But i cant help being sick. I do have a dr note for what good it will do. One job ive had a year and the other a month. The new job is way better than the old one but im trying to hold both awhile to save up some money.

When i talked to my cousin she told me to suck it up and work anyway , thats what her mom and bf do because they have bills....ummm so do i wtf.

I dont know just venting i guess. I cant work if im so light headed i walk like a drunk half the time. And im weak. My jobs both have heavy lifting in and out of coolers and freezers.

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

(*hug*)

I would never value a job over my health, bills or not.
    I strongly dislike it when people suggest to "just suck it up and work anyway".

That's not good for you, it's not good for anyone.
    Then again, I'm the type to naturally detest boring regular everyday jobs.

And I hate mine.

You're already more dedicated than many.
    Don't beat yourself. I don't think they're even allowed to throw you out if you have a doctors note?

3. lostwoods

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the support , and yeah I heard they can fire you if your sick to much. Like my oldest job I think they would write me up first but i dont know their kinda shady anymore. And my new one im still under the 90 day probation period so they could just let me go for any reason really.

But iam going to wait till im better before i go back. I just wont make it any other way with all the lifting etc

4. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Luckily, if you have a doctors note, most places just count it as one absence. The new job is tricky though because of the probation period. I wouldn't say suck it up and go in, but I would say if you're still sick stay home if you just feel bad go to work (with the doctors note) and show that you are making an effort.

Upper respiratory infections seem to be going around right now. I am still not 100% from having one at the end of last week and my daughter (doesn't live with me) has missed school all week with one.

5. White Knight

In here if you bring a report from a doctor (or note as Redneck said) no workplace can fire you. Basicly on those days you are counted as unpaid leave and get your daily charge from Social Security System.

I would focus on getting well asap instead of worrying too much. In my case worrying only makes things worse as my physical health very closely related to psychological/emotional health.

I wish I could make you a chicken soup but instead here take a virtual hug. (*hug*)