1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for a character I'm writing.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Evalis, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Evalis

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So I'm a little confused about where to take this character I have designed. This is for a game that I'm writing, so the player of the game has some choices.

Some important background; The main character, Richard, has permanently swapped bodies with a woman and now calls himself Justine.

The character in question (named Hannah), appreciates the company of other women and --assuming the player of the game makes the appropriate choices --, falls in love with 'Justine'.

However, near the end, when Hannah is forced to decide whether to sacrifice a part of herself for him (this has to do with the game system in place) she sits him down and asks him what she should call him (Richard or Justine).

If the player chooses Richard, he tells her that he still sees himself as a man, but wishes to see the relationship through however she feels comfortable. When prompted if she is okay with that, she says that she isn't and breaks it off, though they otherwise remain friends.

If the player chooses Justine, he tells her that he has fully accepted his role as a woman, and does not regret the change and wishes to see their relationship through in his new body. When prompted if she is okay with that, she agrees and they continue their relationship.

At the end of the game, the player gets his old body back (it's not a choice if that matters).

The questions I have are:

Would Hannah still be in love with Richard in his male form?
    Would it matter how he responded in the question portion?

I would appreciate a lesbians perspective on this, but any comments are welcome.

#1 Evalis, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. White Knight

You know lesbians are not different than you or me. I am not saying this to judge or be mean to you. I am just trying to say in emotional scale of things, we are usually same... at least that is what I think so.

So in your question, put yourself in Hannah. If Justine would turn into Richard do you think you could continue loving him?

If I could turn thing upside down and answer from a gay guy's point of view... I would feel terrible as I would never romantically love Justine (asuming I met with Justine in Richard form) so that means I will lose the guy I love forever. However I think I would continue loving Justine as a friend maybe like a sister as I already loved him dearly when he was a man.

Hope this input gives you some perspective.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Personally, I wouldn't be able to be with Richard in that situation anymore. So I think you did it right.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might imagine that its not only the bodies...
    its mental, too...
    mens thought processes tend to be more rational and logical
    females tend to be more caring and emotional, and talk more (statistically use more words)

There are quite a few lesbians who say they cannot connect to a male partner on a relationship level.

5. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, I'd say it all depends on the person.
    If it were me in a gay mans equivalent, I don't think I would be able to maintain the relationship.

Just Imagine if you fell in love with a Woman who has told you she used to be a man, Assuming you are okay with it then becomes a Man again. Would you be able to continue the relationship?
    If Hannah has no sexual attraction to men and Justine goes back to being Richard, a Man. I guess the two could have an emotional relationship but not Physical.

6. Evalis

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think I know what I'm going to do with this now. Thank you for the advice :slight_smile:

7. wasgij

I think nostalgia counts. I think being in love is what makes Hannah ask the question in the first place. I guess there's an element of obsession.

I don't know, it doesn't quite make sense to me. I guess the "Richard" answer might annoy Hannah, and maybe she'll fall out of love with him, but then I think there should be some back story explaining why.

The act of asking the question feels like insecurity. Kind of like "I love you, but I'm afraid that you might not be right for me, so could circle the one that applies male/female ?"

Hannah's really doing it to seek reassurance. Maybe she's afraid that the person she loves still feels like a guy inside? But why?

How is the lust side of things? If there's mega attraction...:kiss:

8. Evalis

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I really glazed over her reasoning. She has been pining after her friend for over a hundred years, but is too insecure to tell her. If richard infers the only reason he loves her is because he used to be a man, it devalues all of the previous time she spent, and she isn't able to handle it.

If that causes more questions than it answered.. then you know why I kept it brief :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#8 Evalis, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014