1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I shave my head and deal with the consequences?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Litveninko, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Litveninko

I have a short hair but I really wanna shave it >< its bugging me alot. Im just worried of my mum's reaction, cause I did it before and was beated to death, its just a hair for god's sake, it ll grow back! She keeps saying that people wish to have my hair and blah. Anyway since I came out she asks me if I cut my hair or not (thought i didnt) but in a normal way, comparing pre coming out that she was threating me to do something bad. So should I or not?

2. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's your hair, isn't it? do what you want to do with it... it's not like it doesn't grow back.

just on a side note though, maybe it's a personal opinion, but, i don't think completely bald guys are really all that attractive unless they're older. maybe go with a really short buzz first.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

If you think you might be in danger then I wouldn't recommend doing it :frowning2:

4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is her reaction cultural? I don't think you should do it if it will cause her to beat you. :eek:

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's should be your decision but you you want to risk getting hurt

6. Hexagon

Then again, you might want to do it as a form of peaceful resistance against her tyranny.

7. Litveninko

I ain't going bald, just normal guy's haircut, that's all. and I don't own anything in me, if you know what I mean.:grin:

8. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Try talking more about it to your mother? While it is your own hair and you should be able to do whatever you like with it, if it's going to get you genuinely beaten then I would say that you should try other techniques to get your mother to be ok with it.

Does she have a proper reason for not allowing you to do it?

9. Nikky DoUrden

This

Unless u feel safe doing so I wouldn't recommend doing it .. your health is more important than hair :slight_smile: u can try like other suggested with really short hair maybe ?

10. Perseus

I think it's up to you... you're not doing anything harmful

11. black-cat

Unfortunately if you are in danger, it is silly to do it when your health or life is at risk.

Perhaps you could talk to your dad about it, or another adult member of your family? They could help support your decision if your mum does get angry.

But yeah, your body, your rules.... But your life and health are way more important.

12. black-cat

Unfortunately if you are in danger, it is silly to do it when your health or life is at risk.

Perhaps you could talk to your dad about it, or another adult member of your family? They could help support your decision if your mum does get angry.

But yeah, your body, your rules.... But your life and health are way more important.

13. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hm yes, this could be a problem if your mother goes as far as beating you for it. I'm not sure how old you are but perhaps you should wait until you move out if your mom is that dead set against you doing it.

However, maybe a compromise could be a wig? Wigs have come a long way and can look pretty good when taken care of. So let's say you cut your hair and your mom doesn't like it. Well, you can get yourself a longer hair wig and wear it when it comes to social functions involving family or something. It may sound silly but I'm being serious.

Just offering an alternative but yes, if your mom is just unreasonable about it and your father can't help you, you'll most likely have to keep your hair longer until you move out.

14. Litveninko

yeah. I'm a transgender so she have a problem that I look as a boy and shorter haircut will make me more masculine.

15. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your the first person I've heard of that was beaten to death yet is still able to type and use the internet.

Wait in till you leave home. Don't hurt your relationship with your mum over something silly like this.

16. Litveninko

body of steel, yeah. XD
    and no moving out here in country, unless you are going to marry , else you ran away or moved to another country, that's it.

17. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do it only if you want, not to attract attention from others. That sounds a little desperate.

18. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I would get away from your mother(easier said than done of course), nobody worth your time would beat you like that.