1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you consider yourself nice or mean?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

Title, and does being mean make you a bad person?

So I do consider myself a *very* nice person (95% nice, 5% mean). I treat everyone with respect. I'm a people pleaser and, I never snobb people.......like ever.

I don't necessarily consider a mean person, a bad person though. As long as you don't do anything resentful, I can still enjoy the company of a mean person.

What is your opinion?

2. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Depends... But I'm very nice most of the time (some people would call it "stupidity")

3. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Overall, I'm a pretty nice person. I find it difficult to dislike people, I can get along with almost anyone, and I'm known for being an easy person to talk to.

I can be a bit blunt and harsh sometimes, and some people interpret that as "mean", but for the most part it's just part of my honesty :slight_smile: I tend to be harsher online than in real life. One of my best friends is "mean" in the sense that he rips on everyone, but that's just his personality. I find him very funny and I know that ultimately he's a good caring person, joking "mean" personality aside.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm nice most of the time :slight_smile:

5. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I think I could star on every role of Mean Girls and get an Oscar for each one, but a lot of people in real life disagree with me. The fools, I'm just biding my time, waiting for the right chance to strike

[​IMG]

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes I'm a real bitch but I don't even notice it :frowning2:

7. jnarinami

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I tend to be 95% nice to people I just meet but as I get more comfortable with them it turns into 50/50.

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I am nice mostly. I'm only mean if I get angry or I'm just in a bad mood in general, especially when I'm tired.

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe I'm good, but I'm not really all that nice to some people.

10. Adam1969

I'm nice... scattered brained though which comes off poorly I'm sure... If I see someone being mean to children, the elderly, other races etc... I'm one mean SOB! Seriously, I dont like to see others bully those less able to defend themselves. I know the answer is not to bully the bully but I'll get rude as hell to someone who abuses those less fortunate or unable to defend themselves! Good to get that out!

11. TurtleCat

I consider myself a nice person, most of the time. I try to be kind and nonjudgmental towards everyone, and go out of my way for others. The only time I can say I really get mean is when I lose my temper.

12. Phoneafriend

Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel I am 85 percent nice when I first meet people, but if I actually know and love you, I'm not going to be afraid to scream in your face! Lol :slight_smile:

13. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am nice. People often think I am just naive or a bit stupid. At least at first. Well, I might be but isn't everybody bit naive and stupid after all? It's all a matter of perspective. And there is a lot of worse things one could be than naive or stupid. I choose to be nice and open.

14. Hexagon

50/50, really. I consider niceness a quality of limited value.

15. shinji

shinji Guest

I try to be nice to people, but ultimately fail in my attempts as I simply can't force myself to be like that with people who I don't feel are deserving. Which encompassess most, excluding those few really close friends I have. Obviously I do try and avoid being rude to others...

Are we using percentages? Okay then, 100% rude and nice, depending on circumstances. Saying anything else, would suggest that one can be both rude and nice at the same time towards the same person, which to me is next to impossible, not at the same time.

Well I do say this, but it's a point that can be argued, which I'm not going to do since the complexity of this thread does not warrant a discussion into this subject.

16. Alexander69

I used to consider myself the centre of the universe lol. Looking back i was a extremely mean person snobby rude and ignorant. as of today i am proud to be a happier more positive person and I'm, at this moment at least very satisfied with my life and who i am :slight_smile: as far as enjoying the company of mean people i really really don't enjoy it at all.

mean people bring you down with their negative comments and truth be told usually they are very insecure and unhappy with themselves :slight_smile: thats the truth because i have been there. i know how unhappy it is always judging people and not seeing the good in people.

17. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am generally speaking nice. It's sort of my natural disposition, but not something I really strive for--I strive instead to be good. I think there's a difference and that a lot of people who strive to be nice do a lot of harm by not realizing the difference. My favorite quote on the topic is from the Witch towards the end of Into the Woods:

You're so... nice.
    You're not good, you're not bad.
    You're just... nice.

I'm not good I'm not nice.
    I'm just... right.
    I'm the witch, you're the world.

Whenever I hear this line in the song it reminds me of growing up in Utah. I think there are people everywhere who are more interested in being nice than they are in being good--but they just seem to really raise it to an art form in Utah.:lol: Don't get me wrong. There's something to be said for nice. Whenever this particular topic comes up between myself and my partner (who grew up in Oklahoma) his response is something along the lines of "well, at least the people you grew up around were nice..." Touche! Touche indeed.

18. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nice to the point of bending over backwards for others just to make them happy.

19. Melanie

Melanie Guest

I guess I'm nice. I get very VERY not nice when I see people/sentient beings taken advantage of or exploited. I rage when those beings cannot defend themselves.

Good? Bad? I dont know. Its something Ive never been able to shake. Not really sure I'd even want to.

I can be mean when I see people do things like create fake problems to get unwarranted sympathy, or if they burden others because theyre inept or dont want to step up and deal with a problem that they alone bear the burden for.

I dont mind being supportive and helping people even when they COULD do the thing (whatever it is) on their own, some people seem to have a propensity to do this tho. Thats where it starts to bug.

20. Glalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I try to be nice, but my sarcastic nature gets the best of me sometimes. :eusa_naug

Yessssssss! I love it when Little Red Riding Hood says, "Nice doesn't always mean good!" when she's talking about the wolf.