1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your worst personality trait?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

Be honest lol, and explain why you have this trait.

So today I met some strangers (gypsies) and I've realized what my worst trait is. I compare myself to everyone, until I meet them. The older woman kept talking about how attractive and humble her son is. She said "He's so beautiful, and he doesn't even do anything bad. When we went to disneyworld, the white girls wanted to take pictures with him because they thought he was a prince. He even tryed to be a model. He's very conceited yet, he's such a nice boy"...... This made me feel animosity/jealousy toward him and I haven't even seen him yet.......and it's not exactly that I dislike *him*, I dislike that she bragged about him.

I know this is bad thing to feel. I can't help it. It may be due to my insecurities.

Would you consider me a bad person for this, be honest? I'm trying to work on myself and I'm being completely honest with this post.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a attention seeker which it can get on people's nerves

3. shinji

shinji Guest

It was this woman's aim to make you feel inferior in comparison to her son, whether she was doing it intentionally or by habit is irrelevant. You are not at fault for feeling the way she was forcing you to feel.

People tend to put other people down, in order to make themselves feel better about who they are. These are the people who have insecurities. Learn to see them, to see through them and put them in their place.

And no, I wouldn't consider you a bad person. I'd consider you a weak person, for not having the courage to put this woman in her place. Don't feel bad about such stuff, don't let people like this put you down.

See what I did there? I questioned your own ability to deal with a situation like this, when in fact I myself would probably not be able to deal with it any differently that you have done. I'm just giving examples here...

/thread - Too many to list here. Friend keep telling me how great I am, yet I tend to disagree with them, I mean it's not like they know me inside and out.

4. TurtleCat

I'm too sensitive and insecure.

5. Adam1969

I dont think you should beat yourself up about it but you should not judge this person beforehand. Does that help? Maybe explain... ""I dislike that she bragged about him."" Why? What is the cause of these feelings? Jealousy? Fear of rejection?

Oh, my worst trait... talks too much!

#5 Adam1969, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  6. jnarinami

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm judgemental.

7. Burnedcloset

I think your right, I'm jealous of him. If I met him, and I felt he was a good person....I wouldn't dislike him. I'd probably feel attracted to him but, at this moment. *I* feel he's a asshole straight guy.......just because his mother said he's conceited and bragged about him. I'm not scared of rejection, he's married lol.

8. antibinary

I'm arrogant and act like I'm the cleverest person in the room and that everyone else is thick. I can tone it down in a one on one conversation but not when I'm talking to more than one person. I know when someone's cleverer than me but I'm just to insecure/awful at showing it.
    My teacher says it's the fact I treat everyone the same regardless of whether they're a friend, teacher, parent or enemy. Apart from the fact that I'm not outwardly hostile to anyone but my enemy and will cut my friends a bit more slack than anyone else. If someone insults me, or creeps me out or complements me or asks me about something, I will respond in the same way. Although ASD...

9. essie

I get angry extremely fast and then I go back to being ok just as fast, but at that point people are still mad at me.

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can be judgmental, selfish, and hold grudges for a long time.

Holy crap, I just realized how much I sound like my dad.

11. Adam1969

You know yourself best so you decide what is best... to your question though, Id say you should try not to have these feelings towards others. You'd want people to give you a chance and not pre-judge you... you should do this for others I think. I bet you knew this! I hope you appreciate my thoughts. (&&&)

12. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am impatient and I have really really short temper, and when I lose my temper, I can be awfully mean... honestly.

13. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I overthink, worry about things too much and then I wallow in regret for a bit.

If I'm planning something like an event or meet-up with friends, I'll plan it out in my head; what I'm going to say, wear, etc and then I'll think about possible scenarios that could arise and its at that moment that I just start thinking about the worst possible things. Which I try my best to combat with assurances and sound plans but my mind will always find something to worry about and critique that by the time the event or whatever occurs, I am a sweaty, nervous wreck. I may not look it but I will be so on edge that I won't truly enjoy the moment or the people I'm with because I'm so in tune with the "What-IF". And after every-things over, done without a hitch, I just sit there and regret that I didn't do this or I could've done that but I couldn't because I was too scared of messing something up.

So yeah...its mostly internal things that people may or may not notice. My family does, of course, they try their best to calm me down when I say "I'm planning to..." ^^

14. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When i get pissed of really bad i care not of the person feeling. And sometimes that means me saying go kill yourself >_<

Then i'm kinda judgemental but i never tell others what i judge them on till i get pissed off :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Psijic

I'm judgmental, and I'm can be super obnoxious and mean when I want to. I've been told I'm good at making other people feel like shit.
    I always focus on the negative side of everything .
    I also tend to be a bit arrogant.

16. cuppycake

I am arrogant and naive. I'm stubborn. I'm impulsive. I'm vulgar. I'm also paranoid, and I have a bad, short temper. In other words, I'm single for a reason, LOL.

17. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably stubbornness and arrogance. If I don't want to do something, I'm not doing it. Doesn't matter how you pressure me. On one hand, it means I'm very resistant to peer pressure, on the other it means I can be a little hard to work with sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. gayer axolotl

I feed off the emotions of others and emulate their behaviours. To the point where i dont really have a personality.

19. littlemonster11

I over-think practically everything. My mind can just go off on a thought tangent, and it's hard to come back to the present.

I get easily distracted.

I can get jealous easily.

I can be stubborn.

I'm forgetful.

I'm indecisive.

I can easily slip into laziness if I don't have tasks that I have to complete.

I am very self-critical.

I think I can come across as reserved at times, because it's hard for me to open up, even with people I'm close with.

I'm very sensitive, in every sense of the word. That's why I keep myself emotionally distant to others. A few examples include:
    • I am capable of sympathizing with everyone, to the point where people feel they can take advantage of me.
    • I get too involved.
    • I have to sometimes remind myself that not everything is personal.
    To sum up my sensitive personality, it can be difficult controlling my emotions.

#19 littlemonster11, Dec 13, 2014
  20. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a bad temper, and I'm quick to anger. It's definitely my worst characteristic.

I'm a little obnoxious at times.

I'm very stubborn as well, and if I don't want to do something, I'm not going to do it.

And I'm lazy. My living environment is frequently a mess because I can't be bothered to clean up. I have clean clothes on the floor because I was too lazy to put them away. And lots of coat hangers. And books. And other stuff.

That reminds me.. I should really clean my bedroom one of these days. It's embarrassing bringing people back to a hovel, lol.

#20 imnotreallysure, Dec 13, 2014