1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"You just haven't found the right girl/guy yet."

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Driftr

I hate it when people say that to gays and lesbians. How do you respond to that? I literally don't even know how to address that and it's bothering me so much trying to come up with a strong enough comeback for that.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

They obviously haven't found the right guy/girl yet of the same sex :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Arrow Ace

When my grandma told me that I just laughed before patting her condescendingly on the shoulder and changing the topic of conversation. Though I guess I'm allowed to do that because I'm still young and not expected to have a romantic relationship. It might not work for me very much longer...

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :lol: I hope it works for u for a while.

5. Quiet Raven

Haha, yup. Sounds like a good comeback to me!

6. DiogoTy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly that is not something only said to gays but more like a mood lifter speech to help those who have not yet recovered from a bad relationship or not found one at all.
    I do think that it somehows makes sense but at same time I hate it.:dry:

Because I hate the fact that we have to wait for that person to connect with you and share their happyness with you(I sounded gay here, apologizes). But it is also something that makes you different from, well sluts,whores you name it. To find that person who'll want to spend their life with you is just amazing, thinking about it sometimes even gives me chills.

I literally love to love and I'm just waiting for that love to reply as I'm one of those who have fallen in love and now quite "forever alone" so to speak. But I do like to think that it does not ends here and I will find something greater than what I had and I will make sure that It'll be different. (*hug*)

So to answer your question, I'm not often told that, but instead I said that to myself as a way to relief. I do like to think that it also means for us to have hope and not just illusions, after all we all deserve to be appreciated and loved. :thumbsup:

And I end this here because I just went 100/10 gay. ( Love the stereotypes :grin:)

7. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My grandmother said the same thing to me. I was just like "Oh, I don't know about that, grandma..." and kind of ignored it and changed the subject. I just don't really feel like bothering to explain it.

8. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I hate that. I also hate when people say there's a lot of cool guys out there. Yeah, to make friends with. When my OCD is really bad I start to wonder if I really haven't found the right guy...

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had two friends say that to me once both straight one being a girl and the other a guy .
    I'm no longer friends with them .
    But with the girl she told me i'm just confused when I came out to her as lesbian and said I just need the right guy . I felt said she told me this because she was very accepting of our gay male friend when he came out yet she couldn't stand me being gay .

Well the guy had a crush with him being my friend I thought I would be honest but then he went into the whole speech about how I need the right guy and that I'm a slut and that I didn't take time to get know men romantically . What I found funny is at first he was calling me a prude who never gave men a try and when he asked me if I've been with men and I said yes I got called a slut go figure .
    My response to him was "There is no such thing as the right man " when he told me that .

10. antibinary

My asexual friend gets that because people do not understand asexuality.

11. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My grandmother thinks that my sister "just needs to find a good man" and that really pisses me off. Also, when I get the "So, you're gay right?" from the uninitiated.

'Tis the season to shut the fuck up indeed.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Damn right.

13. Litveninko

they say that because they think homosexuals turn to gays/lesbians after a heart break from the opposite gender, so they have something against them. And it's true for some.

14. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go with something like this..

Happy days :slight_smile:

Attached Files: