1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I've been in High School for almost SIX years!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Dec 13, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I entered there when I was 16 (one year older than I was supposed to: I missed a year). The year was 2009, you know? Obama's government was only 1 year old. Glee was the hottest show on TV at the time. Lady Gaga was at the top of her career. That shitty song "I gotta feeling" was omnipresent etc.

It's almost 2015 and I'm still there! :tears: That's the equivalent of two world cups of soccer! I'm so ashamed because although I look like I am 17 the really is that I am 21 right now. I'm so tired of that school, it's almost like a purgatory! I know every single classroom and building there, it's driving me nuts. Obviously I don't know many people anymore. It's almost like I shouldn't be there anymore, I have nothing more to do there. I wish I was in a different school even if I start from zero. But see? I don't really want to start from zero so it's a complicated situation see? I made friends of all kind: bad people, dangerous people, good responsible people etc. Socially I have nothing else to learn there. I mean I want to move on, become an adult at last

I used to be a honors student, then I got depressed and I failed many subjects (I failed 11th grade THREE TIMES), that's the reason why I've been there for so long

#1 edy, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    cant you try and get your GED?

5. black-cat

I'm about a year behind, though I'm somehow in my correct year of school, but behind in everything and I can't stand it, it consumes me, it's horrible.

I don't understand the American education system at all, but could it be worth looking at private tutoring or home schooling (it doesn't have to be your parents teaching you) to get you through this year?

My life was dramatically changed for the better by a careers advisor, he got me into a wonderful school, helped me achieve private tutoring if needed and the funding for me to do so. It might be looking into something similar for you?

I used Connections/ConneXtions, so if there are any Brits that can think of an American alternative?

*big hugs*

6. black-cat

I'm about a year behind, though I'm somehow in my correct year of school, but behind in everything and I can't stand it, it consumes me, it's horrible.

I don't understand the American education system at all, but could it be worth looking at private tutoring or home schooling (it doesn't have to be your parents teaching you) to get you through this year?

My life was dramatically changed for the better by a careers advisor, he got me into a wonderful school, helped me achieve private tutoring if needed and the funding for me to do so. It might be looking into something similar for you?

I used Connections/ConneXtions, so if there are any Brits that can think of an American alternative?

*big hugs*

7. black-cat

*big hugs*

8. black-cat

*big hugs*

9. black-cat

*big hugs*