1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A conversation with?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Dec 14, 2014.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how popular this will be, but...

If you could have a one-to-one conversation with any famous person/s (living or deceased) who would it be and why? What questions would you ask them?

2. ZenMusic

Michael Jackson. He's my idol.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Religious debate aside, in terms of individual interest and influence, I have to go with:

Lucifer.
    Better known as 'The Devil' or 'Satan'.​

I find him quite fascinating. To be near God, to walk amongst the angels in Heaven, and to be considered the finest of the angels, in terms of deeds and looks... before his fall and casting down into Hell. Even afterwards, with his ambitions and intentions, for himself and the world.

I'd like to know about his life, in Heaven and afterwards, his perceptions and opinions, just any and every thing I could. Most importantly, I'd want to know, first hand, his exact motives for seeking the authority of God, as well as his reasoning for rebellion.

To be in the presence of sacrilegious incarnate, would, to me, be a most thrilling and enlightening experience.

4. Yosia

Vic Fuentes. And i'll ask him to marry me. xD

5. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It would be with Kevin Shields because he's the closest thing I've ever had to an idol (An idol in the sense of me really looking up to him in a creative sense not in the sense of me idolising him to the point of only eating chocolate brands he likes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

Apart from asking him to teach me how to play the guitar, I'd ask him really sad geeky questions about how he produced "Loveless" and how the idea for the infamous "Holocaust section" at the end of MBV concerts came about.

6. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tbf he doesn't exist. So when you say you would like to meet him do you mean: meet a fictional being who's traits are defined by your imagination (1) or meet a fictional being who's traits are defined by the imagination of the masses (2). If the first is what you mean, then all you have to do is imagine him. If the second is true then you could essential "meet him" but just reading books about him as that's all there is to go on, as the imagination of the masses exists only in the summation of communication between people and books are a record of that.

Anyway, if I could meet someone it would be my 80 year old self. So that I could tell me where I could improve on my future path. Preferable I would like to do this multiple times so that I could live an increasingly good life.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I acknowledged that with the 'religious debate aside', at the very beginning, because I knew somebody would say something similar, to what you just did.

8. Acm

Acm Guest

John Lennon. I know he was kind of a jerk but he's still one of my musical heroes, and I think it would be cool to talk to him.

9. shinji

shinji Guest

This!

But not because he's my idol, I actually would like to see how his brain works.

Then, perhaps these few (not in order).

Carl Rogers
    Nikola Poljak
    Josef Mengele
    Andrei Chikatilo

10. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    J.K. Rowling. I've got a billion questions that I'd like to ask her, starting with "How could you kill Fred?" followed by "Why the f--- would you think that Harry would name his KID after the man who bullied him and his friends for seven years over several, much more honorable, friends?"

11. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Morgan Freeman. How can you not want to sit and talk with the man and sip on some bourbon, with his iconic voice especially?

12. CyanChachki

Joslyn Fox, definitely.

13. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (*hug*)

I'd love to sit down and have tea with rupaul. He just really is an interesting man in my opinion

14. White Knight

I don't think I will be satisfied with only one session. So I would want a series which will feature:

- Jesus, Mohammed, Moses and Noah... What they would think about today's world? How would they react to see how their "followers" twisted and skewed what they said and used them to start wars, kill innocents and spread hate among us. How was the flood? How did he collected couples from every living thing?
    - Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, to ask what he would think about today Turkey... I bet he would suicide when faced "new" Turkey.
    - Joan of Arc. How she get her visions? What she would think about women's place in today modern society? What she would think as she's seen as one of the feminist idols?
    - Nostrodamus. Mostly would ask about why he screwed our minds with riddles and would like to see his interpretation for his insights up to this day.
    - Cleopatra... She had affairs with two great Roman generals... I have a thing for powerful women as they were exceptional in their time. Also she could give some beauty tips, right?
    - Bob Kane(creator of Batman) and William Moulton Marston (creator of Wonder Woman) to ask what they think about their characters now. One of them probably seen as best comic character other is girl power icon way before girl-power was a thing.
    - Mata Hari... most famous female spy after all. However they say she wasn't even a spy at all... would be nice to hear her story from herself.

That is enough for now...

15. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some interesting responses so far, but for me it would be Nelson Mandela and Aung San Suu Kyi. Two people who are beyond any definition when it comes to hero status, for me. I'd ask similar questions to both, but I'd really love to hear their messages of hope and inspiration for young people who are struggling to cope with various life challenges.

As I have been typing I also remembered Archbishop Desmond Tutu. I'd like to hear his thoughts on civil/human rights from Christian perspective and his ideas about truth and reconciliation. I'd also like to hear him say more about LGBT inclusion within faith communities. A great man who is facing his own personal battle against cancer.. I'm praying for him.

16. Ryujin

Prof Stephen Hawking.

He's been my inspiration all of my life, and the reason I have as high aspirations for myself as I do.
    I'd like to a) Thank him and b) Discuss physics and shit like that

17. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good choice. Looking forward to seeing the movie about Prof Hawking.

18. KingJude

I would meet Pope Francis, and hug him for a very long time.

19. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    James Joyce. After reading Ulysses (and trying valiantly to understand with only one reading) I really would like to just talk to him. About everything, from the mirror to the kidneys to the bath.

Margaret Cavendish aka Mad Madge. Arguably the very first science fiction writer and an illiterate noble woman, why wouldn't I want to talk to her! Especially upon seeing the world as it is now compared to the things she wrote in The Blazing World.

I also think it'd be interesting to talk to J.K. Rowling, but I'd want to talk more about character development and the rest of her world.

Oh! I forgot e.e. cummings! I want to know how he reads some of his work (aka the 'non-sense' stuff).

#19 CJliving, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  20. Candace

I would love to have a one-on-one conversation with Charlie Chaplin. I had grown up watching his films and having them make me laugh. I would love to get to know the real person behind the camera and the methods he uses to make people laugh. I would, of course, thank him endlessly for what he did and for providing laughter.