1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Fem gay uys about Drag

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BloodFlame, Dec 14, 2014.

1. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If anyone saw my latest two threads... They'd probably know where I'm coming from but I just have a question.

In short, I'm trying to accept myself as a fem type guy. I know that's what I am naturally and know I can't fake being something I'm not. So, I'm making it my resolution for next year to accept myself.

Anyway, I'm wanting to find a way to put something positive on my less than masculine traits. Something that can help me feel more comfortable and in control. I've thinking maybe drag performing can help me find inner peace with myself. But the problem is I don't think I'd be comfortable gussying myself up in the manner they do (the outrageous big wigs, over the top makeup, etc.). But I can't help but feel it can be a very empowering and liberating thing for them. And not to mention, I'm a music fan too lol.

So my question... Do you think something like Drag could help a feminine gay guy be more comfortable with himself.

Thank you in advance and I apologize if my threads come off as monotonous but I'm seriously trying to improve myself. Make me a more in control person if that makes sense.

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know a thing are to about drag so here goes...

Drag is meant for for men to be able to come out of their shell and be ok with themself. A lot of queens do drag in a lot of different ways its really living art and art can come in so many shapes and sizes! Some comman parts are drag are

Fish: A queen that could pass as a real woman

Camp: A queen that sells funny aka Taylor perry playing Madea

Butch: A queen that just looks like a guy in make-up

But if drag is something you wanna try go for it ( yolo ) its also something where you can do whatever you want and no one can tell you did it wrong

3. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hm, I didn't realize there were different types. I don't think I could do "camp" as humor isn't my strong suit. I do like the music performing though, that seems like a fun and liberating thing to try.

4. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Go for it. You'll probably have a lot of fun, but you might be a bit nervous if you're still having trouble accepting yourself as a femme.

5. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Go for what your good at drag has no rules and is meant to break down the walls the "norms" put up(*hug*)

6. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh I'm sure I will be but with the right music (as I hear the drag queens get to pick their own songs), I feel I may be able to loosen up haha. I just want to get to a point where I can go, "hey, I am who I am and anything is possible." I want to do this as a step method for self acceptance and to hopefully use this experience to help other fem gay men who may be going through a hard time.

Awesome. I guess I just need to find a place now... Any tips on how I do this?

7. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awesome. I guess I just need to find a place now... Any tips on how I do this?[/QUOTE]

Find what speaks to you. There is all kinds of drag some queens like to only perform ( lipsync, plays,stand up ) some queens are into competition (pageant's and miss gay pageants)

If you know your skilled in dance go for that if you skilled in acting. Drag is just dress up at the end of the night what it comes down to is what is you act what can you sell me

8. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

For those about to drag...

We salute you!

Yes, yes - I realise how useless this post is.
    My intellectual capacities are quite occupied with something else at the moment, apologies.