1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should i do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hoping, Oct 16, 2008.

1. hoping

The guy i like, Ryan he said that he has bought me somethng and then he said today he was going to buy me something but forgot and then when i told him i bought him something he was okay but then he said that i shouldnt buy him anything, but now hes saying about he might take me away for a weekend or something to this vineyard that is really expensive and i know it sounds weird but im just uncomfortable with it guess.
    I have never really had this before, never really had someone who wanted to do this but also i don't like the fact that he says i cant buy him stuff but he can buy me stuff
    Also i have always found it diificult to accept things from people i guess it might be too much pride but i dunno i guess i feel guilty at the same time for some reason.
    But what should i do, i dont want to be given all this stuff and taken to these places and not do anything for him, i dont want to live like that.

2. Level N Human

Then give him a little something meaningful! He can't NOT accept your gifts. He's probably just being humble so he doesn't want you getting him nice things. (But if you want to; do it! A gift never hurt anyone has it?)

If you're uncomfortable with him lavishing you in expensive things; maybe you can suggest something more laid back, like a picnic somewhere and explain to him that you want to take things casually first. Let him know that your affection doesn't require a lot of material maintenance.

3. Louise

You need to be very clear with him the ground rules of your relationship. If he can give gifts then so can you, if he can organise trips away or treats, then so can you.

If someone gives you something and you can't return the favor then that puts you in the position of owing them something which is never a nice feeling. Talk with Ryan and let him know how you are feeling and tell him that if you go away for the week end you want to pay your share or be allowed to take him somewhere the next time.

4. Fiorino

^^^

I agree with them.
    And-it sounds like he likes you :icon_wink.
    (*hug*)

5. Paralyzer

omg, forget what he says and give him something. just ignore it when he says not to. relationships work best when the people stand side by side rather than one in front of the other.

6. sdc91

Haha, watch Queer as Folk season 1 to learn how to handle this.

Make sure he's doing this because he wants to, and not for another reason. Then don't be selfish and accept his gift (trip) because he's doing it out of love.