1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What motivates you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

Title.

Motivation for me is, wanting accomplishments. Reaching goals, I love that feeling. Reaching something you want is an amazing feeling.

2. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not always the best things motivate me. Sure, my own personal goals motivate me and they always will; sometimes they're more abstract, other times they're more short-term, but they all motivate me, even the smaller goals.

But sometimes, seeing other people succeed motivates me. I want to be as successful and in the same position as they are. And sometimes that means surpassing them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Doesn't mean I always do, but it functions as motivation.

And, as a people-pleaser, making other people happy motivates me, even if it's not easy.

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Idk really maybe not wanting to stay in the same place anymore

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ditto!

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

To copy and paste my response, from elsewhere, on this very topic:

This is going to sound ridiculously narcissistic, and even selfish, but here it is:

I am motivated by two things, basically. Those two things are:

Myself.

What do I mean when I say 'myself'? Well, possessing an ego, I can almost always propel myself, to get up and do what I need to. Not because it is 'right' or 'wrong', but because, I believe, if I collect enough information, work hard enough, and have the pure unadulterated drive, that I can have, accomplish, or be anything. My ego, constantly, tells me, I am better than this or that. It tells me, I can have anything, if I just do this, or this much. It assures me, that I deserve better -- that I am better.

Curiosity.

What do I mean when I say 'curiosity'? Basically, I don't think, at it's core, there is much meaning to life. However, that does not mean, you cannot find something worthwhile, something to entertain or enlighten you. Something to amuse or even humble you. If you linger around long enough, something will appear, and you might find a temporary calling. I like to believe, if I can stay alive just a little while longer, that maybe, just maybe, something or someone, will present itself to me. And what that presentation is, well, it can be anything, but so long as it provides me something, it has value. Just seeing what could possibly happen, is enough to keep me going.

6. CyanChachki

Haters, seriously. When people say nasty things to me whether it be my appearance or my poor grammar, I gain motivation to change it and to show them that they can't own me. That they can't win the fight.

Another is knowing that nothing will change unless I do something. There are times where I don't want to do anything at all but I know that if I don't get up and do something for myself, nothing is going to change for me. That I can't allow myself to lay around all day and then complain about how I'm not getting anywhere.

7. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

My anger is probably what motivates me the most, second is probably love.

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Rewards that are better than the amount of effort I put into earning them lmao

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love winning, learning and helping others. Together, they serve to keep me going.

There's also an underlying fear of failure. That I'm better than achieving or being only that is part of what drives me to try to seek this.

10. White Knight

Like Kaiser myself.

I get many influence from outside world but what makes me reach certain points was/is always my own influence. I work at snail speed tho'. Still need to achieve my ultimate goal.

All other things in life are irrevelant for me.

11. iHeartYouu

My motivation for myself is to do something that my future self will thank me for, and yeah the feeling of accomplishment is the best. Also I tell myself I wont waste any more time and start doing something productive.

Anger and haters and love too. Haters makes me stronger.

12. gayer axolotl

I dont really have any .-.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2014 at 05:58 AM ----------

The possibility of being loved I guess, it is not a good motivator when you believe it wont happen

13. Emmanuella

The feeling I get after creating, finishing or accomplishing something! I love it!! That alone is a GREAT motivator for me :slight_smile:

14. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love you wifey unless you is trying to say my love is not good enough. (*hug*).

15. TheStormInside

What is the saying? Something along the lines of "discontent breeds change"..?

Anyway, what tends to motivate me is the longing for fulfillment. When I am unsatisfied in something, that is what tends to lead me to try to improve upon it. I don't really seek happiness, though if I find it that would of course be very welcome. What I really long for is contentment, a feeling of safety, fulfillment, and security. I don't like to feel empty or like my life is without meaning. I like to be able to produce things and create. Then, I feel like I am putting something new out into the world that wasn't there before. There is the potential to touch others, or to be touched by them. I suppose those are the things that motivate me.