1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV couples

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Erzulie, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Erzulie

Anyone else get really exited when character on a TV show you follow figures out that they are gay/lesbian and then you get really happy for that couple even though you know that they are totally fictional?

I guess it just makes me happy that these things are being portrayed as something that totally normal and ok. It makes me feel like there is a chance for acceptance because I think TV has a big impact on society.

2. IrishEyes1989

Yes, definitely. It's really great to see that LGBT relationships have become more integrated into mainstream media. It's about damn time. As a bisexual person, I am especially impressed when I see bisexuality being portrayed on television. It makes the character(s) more relatable and human.

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course, it's great! :slight_smile:

Most of the time you see heterosexual couples on shows, so it's pretty cool that they include more gay couples step by step. It makes me happy to see that they portray the characters so natural and as something normal, just two people who are in love. And of course I like it because I feel more represented and I can put myself better in their situation and empathize better with them.

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I get excited just because it's making lgbt relationships more publicized so more people have to deal with it rather than ignoring it