1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scents & Smells

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

A pretty simple question.

What are your favorite scents or smells?

Personally, I'm fond of vanilla or "tropical"-like smells; fruity, basically. I like some brands of shampoo, and how it smells in certain people's hair.

Cherries is another smell I enjoy.

"Wow, Kaiser, those are kind of... well... boring. Give us something good!"

Fine.

I love the way lotions smell on people. While I haven't been too terribly close to folks with lotions, just smelling that makes me want to be!

Anything vanilla, fruity or of the coconut variety will, more or less, make me slightly infatuated.

"That's a little better, but it still isn't much better."

All right...

It might sound somewhat odd, but no matter. Unless somebody is absolutely soaked in sweat, I find it rather appealing to smell someone, after they've been involved in strenuous activities. Pheromones, basically. However, a delicate balance has to be taken, or else too much body odor becomes, well, too much body odor.

Also, not gonna lie, some really good purp or kush smells fantastic.

2. White Knight

I like pine smell in parfumes/colognes.

I tend to like spicey scents.

From plants I love smell of thyme, cinnamon, celery and mango.

Also love smell of kittens. They have that unique smell to them makes me want to hold and nurture them.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I love spicy, savory smells.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Apples.
    And cinnamon.

5. Candace

Cinnamon, apples, fir/pine trees, coffee, and surprisingly gasoline :lol: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most perfumes designed for women, make me wanna rip my nose off when they're overpowering! Strangely, I like the smell of petrol. You know those little magic tree air fresheners which you put in cars? I like new car scent, black ice, and forest fresh. I dislike strawberry, lavender, and peachy peach.

7. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I don't drink coffee, I do love the smell of it. I even tried to make myself enjoy drinking coffee, just so I could smell it more often. However, it wasn't successful, as I found that I'm way too sensitive to caffeine. I can drink milk with some coffee in it and my head will hurt. The caffeine in tea is all I can take.

I also love the smell of burnt matches.

As for smells on people, hmm, I don't know. It depends on who the person is, I'd say.

I will say this: I've never understood my friends obsession with men's cologne. They said they would even like to wear it themselves (while being straight girls who wouldn't break those "rules"). I guess it might have something to do with them connecting that smell to being close with men, which is something they longed for, while I did not.

8. Rainbows~Exist

I could make a giant list of smells I like but I'll just tell you the strangest:

I absolutely love the smell of wet cement... and I don't know why?

9. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, I'll say it: The scent of a man :wink:

I also like jasmine, peppers, roses, daphne, and pine trees :slight_smile:

Ever smelled the trunk of a Jeffrey pine? Has a sweet vanilla scent--very interesting.

10. timo

This is in no way an answer to your question but I'm very self-conscious about how I smell.

And call me crazy but I love the way grass smells when you just mowed your lawn, ahhhhhh

11. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Canned tennis balls.

12. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Food type smells like cooking but obviously it depends on the ingredients, Mediterranean food often smells good. Fresh bread and danishes, bakery type smells. I'm another one of those that doesn't drink coffee but likes the scent. Pineapple, mango, coconut, chocolate, vanilla, berries.

I dislike most perfumes and colognes esp being a migraine sufferer. I have to use T-gel for my scalp which unfortunately for me has an odour like coal tar, I get rid of that by using something scented after. Currently I'm using blueberry shampoo and honey conditioner.

13. QueerQueen

I hate the taste of coffee but really love the smell of it. I also like the smell of gasoline. Vanilla is one of my favorites, I have shower gel and lotion called vanilla and brown sugar and it smells delicious. Freshly baked goods, books.. I like a lot of smells but nothing too strange that I can think of

14. Hell2theno

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mint, oh my gosh!!! Tutti fruiti as well :3

15. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I hate fruity scents..they make me gag. I love floral type smells!!

16. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love the smell of bread and just any food. I also like the smell of this baby shampoo. I love the smell of vanilla as well.

17. Formality

Freshly ground coffee. I don't know why but I find it a very comforting smell. I always smell the coffee before brewing.

I don't know how to describe this one, but I love the smell of winter. I Don't know in specific where the smell comes from, but I always smell it during the fall months when there's early morning frost/snow outside.

I bought this one shirt at a second hand shop that has a very special smell. I can't describe it. It's kinda like detergent/earthy/fresh. Even after multiple washes I can still smell it in the shirt.

18. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The smell of leaves decaying in early autumn is lovely. The rain and the pungent smell of birch leaves starting to rot combined make one of the best smells I can think of.

In a more cliché way, I I also love the smell of books. Fresh books smell nice, but I love books that are decades old. Books older than a century tend not to have such sharp smells, but the smell is lovely when I can detect it.

The sea is also lovely. Not just warm seas like the Pacific coast in Australia. I really love the smell and feel of the Baltic coast. The salt and freshness are just divine.

And tar. I love the smell of tar kilns and tar-flavoured liquorice.

19. Notlad

I have like the smell of a glass of hot tea, lavender, and the smell of baked sweet foods like cake and the likes.

20. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really like the smell of chlorinated pools, for no particular reason. I also like the smell of coffee, mint, and lemon/lime.