1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vent: Hurtful comment at party

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bicomplicated, Dec 18, 2014.

1. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my roomie and I had a drinking party last night. Neither my boyfriend or my girlfriend were there because they had to work the next morning. Well so did I but not until 8, and I wasn't planning on doing any heavy drinking. But neither of them will drink if they have to work the next day, which is smart. I rarely drink on a work day, but sometimes I do. Anyway, to get to the point! So there was my roomie and her boyfriend there, a straight couple, a single straight girl, a single straight guy, and our gay guy friend. After a few drinks I had a conversation about peircings, and I mentioned one girlfriend I used to have had a lot of peircing. And this guy was like "wait, hold up?! Girl who is a friend or legit girlfriend?" And I was like "legit girlfriend" and he said "well you learn something new every day." And the gay guy present smilled and said "yeah, this is an open house." Soooo after a couple of rounds of beer pong with different people, someone cranked the music up. My roomie and straight single girl started dancing. My roomie stopped dancing with her so I stepped in. But the girl was like "ohhh no, I'm not into that shit, I don't do that. sorry" I felt like she must have thought I was trying to hit on her or something; she knows I am bi. But I was sooo not hitting on her. Just dancing and having fun. Her comment hurt me and pissed me off at the same time. I am not gonna hit on every woman I see; if I start dancing with you, it's usually just letting loose and having fun. Sooo I tell my gay friend this at the party. And he said "I'm sorry. That sucks. Some people aren't as open I guess. I'm lucky eveyone here likes me." lol I didn't tell anyone else at the party how I was feeling. I really felt no one else would get how I felt.... :frowning2: grrrr.

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You all were sounds like drunk... It sounds like in the state she was in she may have heard something that was never even said. Or you could have said something that was just drunk talk as i like to say

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say smile... relax... you just might have told her you didn't hit on her but simply wanted to dance... well now you know, you could simply do that next time :slight_smile:
    Its not good to pent up emotions... I'd say just talk about it and move on...

(*hug*)

4. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, maybe I did get butt hurt over nothing. I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't have let that get to me. We were all drinking...so people do say stuff they don't really mean sometimes when they drink. It just really got to me. I don't know why. And I could have talked to her about it. But the fact that she was pretty drunk stopped me. I didn't want to cause drama.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It's really ridiculous that straight people have to be SO insecure. I had girls think I would hit on them too and they got all defensive. I was just all "Honey, I'm pretty damn picky when it comes to finding women attractive to begin with so what makes you think you'd be any different?"
    She got so pissed off and was upset I didn't find her attractive. Figures; they get so paranoid over gay/bi people like we're diseases and then get offended when we think otherwise.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It's really ridiculous that straight people have to be SO insecure. I had girls think I would hit on them too and they got all defensive. I was just all "Honey, I'm pretty damn picky when it comes to finding women attractive to begin with so what makes you think you'd be any different?"
    She got so pissed off and was upset I didn't find her attractive. Figures; they get so paranoid over gay/bi people like we're diseases and then get offended when we think otherwise.

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yep, therefore it might be advisable to see it relaxed... remain firm but polite and simply say you want to have a good time and tell them to relax, too...

(*hug*)

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I would be pissed off and hurt aswell! What a BITCH. Also that guy was a wanker. I don't understand straight women.. Everything about them is weird most of the time. They seem to think every lesbian/bisexual wants them. We aren't attracted to every woman we see! Oh my god get over yourselves is all I think!

Next time you see her call her out on it. Let her know you don't like her that way and that YOU think it's weird that SHE is straight. Make her feel how you felt. Fucking tool.

So you could be overreacting but guess what? I don't blame you. I almost feel like I went overboard on this thread but fuck it.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It's okay, bicomplicated. If they don't want to dance with a lovely young lady, fine, I will! That just means less competition!

Lol.

10. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks you guys for all the supportive replies! :slight_smile:

11. Lipstick Leuger

Instant asshole, just add alcohol......that sums it up I think .

12. Psaurus918

I'm not out to most people and I wasn't out to anyone in HS but most had their suspicions. Well this one classmate wrote in my year book "If you're straight great, if your gay stay away". I wasn't friends with this kid but had friends that were friends of his...

One of the most annoying things I hear when straight guys find out a guy is gay "Better stay away from him unless you want to get rapped"

Why do homophobes assume just because someone is gay they automatically would hit on or want to have sex with EVERY guy. Straight guys don't go around raping every girl they see...

13. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Winebandit, it's homophobia. Sometimes, it also their repressed feelings towards guys. They secretly wanted to get bottom (not in rape) but will never admit it to themselves. I know because I was like that myself in my denial days.

14. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes people can be the worst. They have this idea that all bisexuals are attracted to absolutely everyone we see, when that's certainly not the case. It's ignorant at best, and a form of homophobia at worst.

15. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know, right? Crazy! And I am sorry to hear what that guy wrote. What a jerk! :frowning2:

16. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I always get worried that straight guys will worry about me finding them attractive. Luckily that hasn't happened yet, but it's still something that bothers me. The idea that I'm going to find every guy I see attractive is completely fucking ridiculous.

But honestly? In addition to the whole "gays aren't attracted to every guy/girl they see" thing, what bothers me is, even if I do find a straight guy attractive, why is it so terrifying for him? I'm not at all creeped out by the thought of a straight girl finding me attractive and, in fact, I find it flattering when a straight girl finds me attractive. The thought that I might be creeped out by it never even crossed my mind until someone brought it up. So why is it so terrifying for straight people to be found attractive by a gay person?

If you're a straight person who's paranoid that all gay/bi people will find you attractive: In the event that a gay/bi person does find you attractive, as long as they're not harassing you or trying to convert you, take it as a compliment and get the fuck over it.

17. newfish

I know exactly what you mean. Not everyone even knows, but I'm guessing most have some suspicion.
    Meanwhile, I have seen a number of straight guys slap or grab each other's butts in public as a form of greeting.

18. Adam1969

Women have done this to me for over 3 decades and often for doing far less than dancing. As a man, simply smiling or saying hello to a woman can earn a rebuke. Some people simply perceive niceness as a ploy to get them in the sack. Its strange but some people are more self centered than others. Luckily though most people aren't this way!

Also, lets be honest, men are WAY TOO aggressive so I see why women might react tersely considering the constant advances. Maybe this person thinks we LGBT are predators!? :eusa_doh:

Hurtful? Yes, its hurtful but its based on others arrogance or ignorance, not anything you did wrong!

Oh, and when this girl hits on you in a month you can loudly proclaim... ""ohhh no, I'm not into that shit, I don't do that. sorry"" She is straight after all, right?

#18 Adam1969, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  19. Incognito10

So, some straight people freak out if THEY think someone of the same sex is hitting on them; but then they also freak out if you tell them no you weren't :confused:

I always find it so comical in my head when a female thinks I am somehow interested and then gets an attitude because she thinks I am flirting when I am just talking normally.

#19 Incognito10, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  20. unpoetic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't let it get to you darling, some people are just immature and they think the entire world revolves around them. Alcohol made it worse I think..