1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooooooo... Bill Cosby

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by all paths, Dec 19, 2014.

1. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can't figure out why he hasn't even been discussed on here yet, so...

:shrug:

2. White Knight

Erm... what happened to him? Did he die?

3. AlamoCity

Women are coming out of the woodwork alleging that he took advantage of them sexually when he was younger.

4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes.

Binders full of women!

#4 all paths, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  5. White Knight

Ah. Thanks Alamo.

Well unless it is proved to be 100% true I will hold my judgement.

Normally I think it is utterly inhuman to take advantage of someone because they have to work under/with you. Yes they can't say no most of the time as they need to bring food to their families. Men, with all their talk about chastity and honor, do those kind of things and sleep very comfortably at nights.

While I loved Mr. Cosby... if he did something like that and they decide to give him death penalty, you won't be seeing me shed any tears.

6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We kind of have our own scandal going on here at the moment.

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woah where did the death penalty come from? Isn't there a statue of limitations? Most are from the 70s.

8. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of wonder if something's going on here with no one really discussing it or bringing it up like what is going on in my family:

Everyone's just so uncomfortable about it, in general, that nobody really wants to talk about it.

I mean, it would be a bit like finding out that Mr. Rogers had been a pedophile or something, you know? :/

I know that all these allegations are as yet unproven (and one wonders how they ever can be, with apparently no one having gotten a rape kit done after the alleged event), but: It was quite some time ago that I stopped doubting and started feeling pretty darn sure he'd done something.

You just don't get that many people coming out & saying this kind of stuff about a nationally and internationally loved figure, if there's not something to it. (As one or more people have said, "Where there's smoke, there's fire - and there's a WHOLE lotta smoke coming from Bill Cosby, these days.")

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2014 at 01:51 AM ----------

What's that? (sorry, feeling ignorant about stuff across the pond at the moment... :icon_redf )

9. White Knight

It is figure of speaking. Most common in our culture while trying to mention a worst possible punishment could be given to a person who is guilty. Not actual death penalty.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2014 at 11:52 AM ----------

Whaaaaa!!! I didn't touch anyone! I swear.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

What do you think, Bill?
    Should I say something about this?

[​IMG]

11. AlamoCity

While I believe the statute of limitations prevents Mr. Cosby from being tried on any of the rape allegations (not sure what the statute of limitations is in the jurisdiction the crime was committed; for murder, though, there usually is no statute of limitations), he could potentially face jail time if he were to have civil suit(s) filed against him and when he is deposed he happens to perjure himself. (Not a lawyer :lol:slight_smile:

12. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  13. White Knight

Anything I see on media is iffy for me. See how horrible can that things can be during MJ's trials. Sometimes it feels there is no boundaries for some people to get a bit of money into their pockets.

Here I will just add this video about MJ tribute from Madonna.

She speaks from heart and reminded me why I loved the lady that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4aQatsyz-Q

#13 White Knight, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  14. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is true, but: In this case, there are also corroborators to the accusations, who were not victims, and have nothing to gain and something to lose, instead, by coming forward:

One was a male model who allegedly 'rescued' one of his women friends from Bill Cosby's place when she placed a panicked, frightened phone call to him to come & help her.

The other was an employee of Cosby or one of the studios, who sent checks to several women (hush money, it is alleged) in his own name, at Cosby's direction. The checks or receipts were saved by this guy and there have been photos taken of them. So they still exist.

And another (different from the above?) guy who told about how he would 'stand guard' in front of Cosby's dressing room after a woman or women had been led in, with the instructions not to let anybody else inside. The guy says he never knew exactly what went on in there, but little things here and there led him to not have a good feeling about it, in retrospect.

Other than getting themselves 15 minutes of fame, these 2 or 3 guys don't have anything to gain by telling their stories.

Anyway...like I said before, more 'smoke'...

15. White Knight

Ah nice we are similar in age so you might probably remember it.

Do you remember the time one kid mentioned having seeing MJ genitals and they took him to the take pictures of his genitals? Which later turned out false?

When people involved in something I am very skeptical. Yes those guys might seem like they have nothing to gain or loose... unless someone offered them money to "come clean".

I can understand your point. However I personally need to see fire. There is no greater shame than accusing an innocent. Nowadays neither media nor courts even peoples not related to events hold don't themselves back from judging people cruelly and carelessly while being under influence of hypes/hysterias or worse money.

16. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember the thing about there being a description of his genitals, but not that there were pictures and that something turned out to be false about it. (But I didn't follow that super closely.)

I'm still up in the air about MJ. I think he was a strange guy, and probably needed some help...but my heart wants to believe that what he said about innocence and his love of children for that reason was just that...a beautiful innocence.

So in his case, I still reserve judgment. (Not that I'm his judge.)

Yes, I know.

And I don't want to be duped, either.

Still though...it really stands out to me that Cosby hasn't specifically (or even at all) denied these women's claims. He's merely said he shouldn't have to answer to these accusations and he's not-so-subtly put down those who've reported on it, doing his usual chastising and admonishing, and apparently, his usual intimidation tactics (if you believe the threats some of the accusers have reported) as well.

From what (little) I understand of the law, if the accusations could at all turn out to be proven true, he literally can't issue a flat denial, or he opens himself up legally to more potential liability.

Now I'm not sure, but: If I'm understanding it correctly, this wouldn't be the case if the accusations could not end up being proven true.

*waits for a legal expert or student to come on and correct me* (please? if you know?)

17. White Knight

Hmm not denying them is strange behavior. However maybe he could be thinking, I am innocent so I don't have to answer that kind of lewd accusations. Maybe someone advised him to do that.

God knows. I think we will wait and see.

PS: While not wanting to de-rail original topic I will pass my view on MJ. I believe he sleep/shared same bed with those children... it is in his nature. However doing something will damage those children he cared even more than himself... I don't see it possible. He got worse... weirder after all those trials etc. Whitney brought down by drugs, MJ broughts down by meds.

Pity they are both good artists and even in their personal faults were god idols for us, 80s-90s kids.

18. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A number of British entertainers have been charged with and convicted of cases of historic sex abuse, dating back to the 1960's and 1970's. One much honoured entertainer (Sir Jimmy Savile: deceased) was found to be Britain's most notorious paeodophile. There is no statute of limitations applicable to these offences in the UK, so the prosecutions have been allowed and jail terms have been handed down.

The Bill Cosby allegations are serious, of course, but there is a huge sex abuse scandal unravelling in the UK and former MP's and Peers are now being implicated.

19. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The only thing i really wonder about is... Why dare they just now coming forward about this case? Why didn't they come forward like they are now when it just happened?

20. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is interesting. Please say you're "victim blaming" if you ask this. But considering the sheer number who claim he raped them, you'd think that at least one would have had the courage to come forward immediate. My guess is that even if it is legit, quite a few will be just joining the crowd and lying for attention.

Either way, I'm slow to condemn someone based just on accusations. It would be a shame if it turned out fake and ruined someone's life. It would just show how easy a simple claim can ruin someone's life.