1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House chores

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by White Knight, Dec 19, 2014.

1. White Knight

That "messy" thread reminded me this question.

Which household chores you like most?

Which you hate most?

Which one you are good at and which one you are really really bad?

I love cooking, cleaning and doing laundry.

Hate ironing... so much that I wear something ironed if I really really have to... like suits.

I am good at cooking... or they say so. According to my mum meh at cleaning and very very bad at hanging laundry. While I love cleaning windows still not that good at it.

2. AlamoCity

I don't mind cooking, doing the laundry, general tidying up, washing the silverware, china and glassware (I don't like washing pots and pans or plastic, I'm very picky :lol:slight_smile:.

I hate ironing. I actually had a phobia of the iron for a long time because when I was around eight I would iron my dollar bills because I hated them to be wrinkled. Yes, I was "special." Well, one day the hot iron actually fell on my hand and gave me a burn. After that I stopped ironing my money LOL.

I'm pretty good at cooking when I want to. When it comes to the laundry, I actually followed a label construction so I'm actually better than most people. I also own a sweater drying rack for my merino and cashmere sweaters that are hand washed. I'm also pretty decent at washing the dishes.

My favorite household chore is actually to polish the silver.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love cooking and I can do it fairly well. I can manage most household tasks decently, but that doesn't mean I like to do them.

I really detest heavy cleaning (showers, toilets, tight corners/between tiles) and window cleaning, but we fortunately get a cleaner in for that most of the time.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I don't have "chores" anymore, because I have to do those types of things -- or else I lose my house, my utilities, and all that fun stuff.

As a kid, I had a step-father who tried to make me do chores, though. I hated it, so I'd just do such a terrible job, over and over, until he finally stopped asking me to do anything, as he got tired of fixing it.

Maybe if he paid me, I'd have cared. But I wasn't going to mow a yard, clean some gutters, or gut your deers/rabbits/ducks for free.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, I don't mind ironing so much, after I read about 'extreme ironing' and also saw a anime character wield an iron as a weapon. Positive associations.

I'm not a great cook, but I can follow instructions from books. I've made spaghetti bolognese plenty times. I've been told it's good.

Shopping is my faveouirte chore because it's quick and easy. I order most stuff online weekly.

My least faveouirte? Whenever I've hurt my back shoveling snow.

6. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear Whiteknight;

You have hit upon one of my favorite subjects; Household Chores. My father used to tell me that " Someday I'll make someone the perfect spouse because all that I'll ever be is a household slut that loves to cook, do the laundry, iron, ( I'm so good at this )
    vaccum, wash windows, and any other household chore ". Dad was right, my body turned female, and I love to clean house and cook in the nude.

I will make the perfect stay-at-home, household, naked slut. I've already done my thirty-plus years working, this is how I want to retire.

Jaymegurl

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Favourite: Laundry. Since a machine does it for me :grin:

Least favourite: Sorting stuff to throw out or donate.

8. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't consider cooking a "chore". I don't get told to make dinner for everyone. I just sometimes want to cook something and if other people want to eat it too, that's great.

My favorite is vacuuming. I would often volunteer to vacuum the house growing up, even though usually my mom would do it. It was the only real "chore" I did (other than cleaning my own room and sometimes putting the garbage cans on the curb). I was a bit spoiled as a kid and we had a housecleaner to handle a lot of it.

Living with six guys in college, however, cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom are nightmares. I hate doing it, but I usually get help from them when I do. The problem is I'm more of a stickler for clean than they are, so it's one of those "if you want something done right, do it yourself" things.

9. shinji

shinji Guest

Washing the dishes is fun, washing away all the filth, like washing away your soul and all that philosophical stuff.

Vacuuming the house on the other hand, not as much, but I do get a workout and someone needs to clean all the dog hair...

Honestly my parents are such slobs, have to vacuum daily. Can't wait to move out (as if that will ever happen).

10. Candace

I like cooking, vacuuming, cleaning my room, walking the dog, getting the mail and doing dishes.

I hate raking leaves, mowing the lawn, and cleaning bathrooms.

11. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't actually do a lot. haha
    Normally I play with my two sisters who are toddlers and help them a lot with getting their food and wash their hands after meals so on.
    I also set the table at dinner time, which doesn't sound like a lot but there is 7 of us. Pack up the table and put all the dinner stuff in the dishwasher. I sometimes take the rubbish to the bin. Me and my brother have pretty divided our chores between us to make it easier for each other, I don't wake up early and he does so he unpacks the dishwasher in the morning even though it is supposed to be my job. I like cooking, it isn't really a chore to me, but I haven't cooked lately because it is harder to decide what to eat and what I like to cook we don't have becasue of my sisters diabetes. I hate ironing so I don't iron my stuff unless I have too. I hate putting clothes on or off the line, mainly becasue I am short and it is a pain.

12. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only things I truly hate are washing dishes and cleaning my shower door tracks. Everything else is fine and I always feel better after I'm done. I live alone though and tend to be pretty neat so it never gets very bad.

13. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say the things I'm good at are cooking. Vacuuming and just making sure everything is spotless. I hate doing dishes I always have.

14. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jaymegurl, if I weren't already married ... but no calling yourself a slut, you should be treated like a lady :wink:

I don't mind cooking or laundry too much, dislike everything else but will do it if it has to be done.