1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Songs: Do you unknowingly hum or sing along to them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MindvsHeart, Dec 20, 2014.

1. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I just had a moment today where I wasn't really paying attention to the music playing on the radio since I was blogging (hehe, Tumblr) and it was only after 5 minutes that I realised I was singing under my breath to "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey. :eusa_doh:

Anyway, to be honest, I don't mind Christmas songs but I'm not particularly fond of them either but I think I've come to the point where my brain has a little stash of memory just for storage of Christmas songs and their annoyingly catchy lyrics. :rolle:

So, has anyone else experienced this (probably common) holiday phenomenon? :smilewave

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'll hum or sing some parts of a song, if I like a certain piece of it, or I'm in the right mood.

There are three exceptions to this:

"The Little Drummer Boy", I always find myself singing, "Pa-Rum-pa-pum-pum!", each time it is said.

And "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives, where it goes: "Ho, ho, the mistletoe, hung where you can see! Somebody waits for you, kiss her once for me." I just love how that part sounds, and I always find myself singing along with it, wherever it plays.

There's also "Winter Wonderland". For some reason, I'll belt bits and pieces of this out, especially the "In the meadow we can build a snowman..." part.

But there isn't a Christmas song that I'll sing, from start to finish.

3. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

As always, I enjoy reading your responses. :grin: Thanks, Kaiser.

4. Raceme

I rarely sing, but when I do, it's Christmas songs. U _U; Which is awkward in any month that's not December. It's gotten much more common with the release of Pentatonix's Christmas album!

5. MisterTinkles

Not really.

I despise Cmas and Cmas songs in general. And I also despise the jackasses who think they can take a classic song and make it better, when they in fact, ruin it!!!!

But there are a few of the songs I do like to hear, when I am in the mood for Cmas music, which is about once every 10 years or so....
    The ORIGINALS, not the crappy, disgusting "remakes"....

Do You Hear What I Hear
    Frosty The Snowman
    Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer

6. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I'm the same! :lol: I rarely sing but just find myself (attempting) to sing along to these christmas songs.

Hehe, I try to avoid Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer or Do You Hear What I Hear because they get so easily stuck in my head! :grin:

7. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    All the time, all year round, all the songs, on purpose! The ones that I find myself doing without noticing the most are like Holly Jolly Christmas (there is something about that line eh Kaiser!), Jingle Bell Rock, We Three Kings, and Silent Night.

8. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Awesome :thumbsup:

9. CyanChachki

Yes. I find that I do this to "The First Noel" all the time. I really like that song :slight_smile: