1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting for love?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Criss, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Criss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know I'm still young, but sometimes I feel it would be great to have someone, you know. I see couples all around me hanging out and enjoying theirselves, while I've always been single. Plus being gay (and not even out yet) makes it even more difficult to find that one person, although I think the idea of 'waiting for love' is itself wrong, because love should just happen to you like all the other beautiful things in life, without you having to desperately look for it. But still.. sometimes I find myself daydreaming about it.

What about you? :icon_wink

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Duh i want someone to cuddle with at night. Go christmas light watching, disney movie nights. Just want a guy i can play video games with and make out with later... hehe

3. hello1992

I know what you mean. I think a lot of people on this thread are waiting for love, including myself. For me, I was hoping to use it as an excuse to come out to my parents. I guess it would be easier once i had someone to grab hold of. But now I have started to come out to friends, and about to move out of my parents house, i have started to think about dating.

I am starting to think that things dont happen for those who dont make it happen. I dont know a lot of gay people so finding love as i wait would be unlikely. You could try online dating, but a lot of the gay dating websites are either just for hook ups or just dont have a lot of people on it.

I do daydream though, probably too much. I dream of my life with him and the things we do. The little things like cooking together and watching TV. Its lonely being gay...

4. Candace

I mean, to be quite honest, I'm four years older than you and I still haven't found true love yet. So I think that right now, you should take care of yourself more and then find a boyfriend. Like I've always been told: you should love yourself first before loving other people :slight_smile: And you're 18. You have all the time in the world :grin:.

5. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Those are pretty much my thoughts, more or less xD though I guess I'd might as well enjoy the life I currently have. Still, it'd be nice...

6. wanderinggirl

I used to wait for it. Now I'm just angry with it. It's such a tease, love is. It promises to make everything better. It promises to make life worth living. It promises that someday you'll be surrounded by it. Bullsh*t, I hate all the things right now. Bitterness serves me well, so ill take bitterness over love anyday.

(Ask me how my love life is going. I dare you. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

7. Articuno92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also agree that once you take care of yourself and focus on yourself, love will naturally come. That means really honing in on what you want to achieve in life. And of course, if this is the kind of journey we are taking - "the lonely gay journey" - love will most likely come when we least expect it. Now let's envy those that can actually find someone suitable through online dating !

8. Burnedcloset

I second this.

:lol:

9. CyanChachki

It would be nice, definitely but I've kind of gotten used to the idea that I'll probably be single for the rest of my life. My weight is a definite issue for starters and the people here, even excluding the gay community is just not the best for dating. Either people want one thing for one night, one thing every night without a relationship or they're extremely desperate, will date you but will dump you within minutes if they find someone slightly better. I mean unless I move, which will more than likely not be soon, then maybe I'll find someone who'd look past my body shape. But who knows.

10. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's something I think about a lot now actually. I used to scoff at couples and the whole lovey-dovey romance thing, whilst I still find a good deal of the traditional attitudes irritating I'm now more accepting of the fact I actually do want someone to love including all the silly light-hearted endearments that come with it. Sexuality and circumstances are an issue that reduce my chances but more than that is the fact I just don't connect very easily, I'm not someone who could just enter a relationship because I 'kind of liked them' and then see how it goes. It's a double edged sword in a way because I think if I do meet one person I really connect with I feel I could be incredibly devoted to them, the downside is that my chances of meeting that person are incredibly slim.

11. shinji

shinji Guest

This does sound appealing. Unfortunately I personally don't see this happening, as it's far too good to become reality.
    Can't agree with this. Love will come when you least expect it? Seriously... No, no it won't. Love doesn't "just" come, it has to be sought out. Could really get into a debate on this but feel that it's irrelevant at this point.
    Sorry for saying this but, have you considered working on managing your weight?

/thread - I was in love once, best/worst moments of my life... Not really sure if I want to go through that again, especially since I'm still hung up on the guy.

I believe that one shouldn't just sit around and wait for love to come, or actively seek it out. Instead I think the trick is to find a balance between the two. Expect love, but don't actively look for it. Be open to the idea that something might happen, but don't be desperate about it.