1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Quiet Raven, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Quiet Raven

Do you remember your dreams much? If so, what sorts of dreams do you have? And what are some of the most interesting or strange?

Lately, I don't have many dreams I remember. But I still vividly remember a few dreams from my childhood.

For some reason, I used to have a lot of dreams where people were trying kill me. Or at least chasing me trying to hurt me in some way. Usually in silly ways. One time Eggman was wearing a silly mask, chasing me with a boomerang. He got me, and it really hurt! I hear a lot of people saying you can't get hurt in dreams. Well I did! Quite often actually, lol.

Perhaps the silliest, is when I was playing darts with Snape from Harry Potter. I got a Bullseye, and then he said, "You got a bullseye!! Now I'll get your eye!!" Then he started chasing me with darts...

I had some other types of dreams too. Like Goku teaching me how to fly. I also remember one where I was a saiyan and we went to war with humans. The only part I remember from that is we were going to a battle field with tanks and stuff and I asked, "why are we bringing tanks? We are stronger then these things!" Lol.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of my dreams are weird but very possible to happen to in real life (ie. No flying).

I don't remember my dreams, but I do remember in a girl was trying to blackmail me and in another my friend and I were sitting on the washroom floor and he was trying to help me with a huge assignment I was last minuting :lol:

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last night I had a dream that a couple sparrows flew into my house and were perched on the top of the curtains, and then my dog jumped up and ate them. WTF?

4. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I often have dreams that take place in familiar places: my house, campus, my grandmother's house, my vacation home, etc. The dreams that I remember are often supremely bizarre, some are so odd that they can't even be put into words.

An odd one that I do remember involved helping a weird hipster girl set up for a book festival in a plaza that sort of looked like the big patio outside my grandmother's house. Nothing was going right, we were late getting everything set up and people were showing up before we could get it all done. Part of my duties included putting a giant watermelon (like at least 100 lbs) out on a table and I struggled to carry it through the growing crowd. Finally someone gave me a box of tattered old books to put out, but when I saw how new and pristine the other books on the tables were suddenly I was embarrassed of the books I had. But then I felt that "this a dream--I can do what I want" feeling. So I went up to the guy running the whole thing and said "hey asshole, you want these old crappy books?"

And that's where the dream ended. So that's a glimpse inside my sleeping mind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Acm

Acm Guest

I remember most of my dreams. They're usually either weird and nonsensical, or stress related.

6. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I don't usually remember them, but little snatches of memory tend to creep up after weeks or months or even years. Some are so unsettling they're hard to forget though. And for years I have had lots of dreams involving tornadoes. Had one last week. They're about the only semi-consistent aspect to my dreams aside from my lack of memory retention.

7. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Almost all of the dreams that I remember end up taking place at either the house I grew up in (1993-2007) or the summer house my family used to have. I don't think I've ever had one featuring any of the other places I've lived which seems weird to me.

Most of my dreams are pretty strange but I can usually look back on them and remember something that happened the day before to influence some of the smaller details. I wish I could think of an example right now, but I know it happens all the time. Whoever I'm crushing on at the moment shows up in quite a few of my dreams but it's 50/50 as to whether that's a good thing or not. Sometimes it's a very pleasant encounter (although rarely sexual), and sometimes it's bad (they either hate me, disappear, die, or most strangely end up living with my family but refuse to have anything to do with me).

8. Lyana

I've been remembering dreams more and more often lately.

I have two dreams from my childhood that I remember vividly, one nightmare (involving cemeteries and Yu-Gi-Oh characters, interestingly) and one good but sad, nostalgic dream.

I actually came out to myself through a sequence of dreams. After dreaming every night about a girl for a week straight, and waking up feeling very happy and good and not at all confused by the dreams, it was kind of obvious to me.

I find dreams extremely interesting.

9. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last night, I dreamed there was this lioness, large and strong, well she really liked me, and was pretty much by my side, and I would sort of pat her, put my arms around her etc, and she would nuzzle me or sort of snuggle closer to me, put her powerful arms around me even - those killer paws used so affectionately. I had this moment when I realized, "this is a really dangerous creature. It could kill me in an instant, I need to remember that, and have a bit of respect for this reality. But by maintaining this bond of affection, all goes well, and our connection seems to gradually grow stronger and more secure". I think it refers to my sexual energy, which at present seems to be like that lioness, growing in strength and with the potential to be dangerous if I were to allow it to get out of control, but if I continue to work with it attentively and with care and love, a powerful ally and friend.

#9 Damien, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  10. MessieM

A mutual friend said she never dreams. I think that must be so horrifyingly terrible. I can not imagine that. In fact, I love dreaming so much. I find it reveals so much about me. In fact, it actually helped me to figure out I like girls (lol)

I lucid dream, when you are aware your asleep. That's fun sometimes, but really disorientating and makes me feel a little sick.

I had this really weird dream recently, actually, and I'm not quite sure what it meant. Somehow, my dad found out I was gay in it and he was completely fine with it, so it technically was a good dream, but all i could feel was this crippling shame and humiliation and all i could wish for was that he would never speak about it again. I have no idea why, lol!

People often say they have reoccurring dreams… I have never had one.

11. Jadzia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can remember my dreams almost every night if I make a conscious effort to remember them and write them down. If I don't do that, I usually don't remember my dreams, but once in a while I remember one really clearly without trying. My dreams are often based on a real-life event, or sometimes on a book or movie, and they can be stressful, but almost never nightmarish. A lot of my dreams take place at some familiar place like my house or my school, and then I wake up and realize it looked nothing like my house or my school in real life.

During the last few months, I've had a lot of dreams about coming out (or getting outed). Last night I had a dream that we took a Kinsey scale test in English class. We each scored our results on a piece of paper, which we turned in. Afterwards, we were all sitting at our desks and just hanging out, and I heard a guy in my class (who I've known for about 10 years) say my name in a surprised way. I turned around and saw that he was looking through the stack of papers from the Kinsey scale test. I threw my pencil at him and shouted "You better not tell anyone!"

12. shinji

shinji Guest

I don't dream, most of the time. When I do, it's usually me in this big empty space, viewing all my memories and emotions and just... categorizing them. It's weird to explain.

Lucid dreaming is fun, yet too much of a bother to achieve.

Few days ago I dreamt of a person I have feelings for, that was somewhat weird and painful. So in retrospect, I don't actually think that having no dreams, is necessarily a bad thing.

13. Candace

I do, and they wind up making me sad when I have to wake up :lol:.

I just had this dream last night where I went to London and hung out at all the cool sites, then realizing that I had to go home :dry:

14. ZenMusic

My Dreams tell me a lot about my hidden feelings. I always imagine a Forest or an Island or an Ocean or somewhere calm. And no matter where it is, the weather is always overcast. I used to like when the sky looked like it was going to rain, but it didn't. Sometimes I dream of long drives down a Freeway, but this time it is actually raining. I had a dream my 2 year old nephew became a drug dealer a few days ago, and carried around a Hobo stick with crack in it. You'd think I was on ecstasy...