1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drinking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bicomplicated, Dec 20, 2014.

1. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my household is a drinking household. A few days a week we will just have a few beers or a few glasses of wine. But two to three days a week we will party with a few rounds of beer pong, shots of jager or vodka, and maybe moonshine. Whenever I party hard I get drunk munchies and eat greasy carbs then regret it the next morning. And I usually feel horrible the next day. Like last night I ended up devouring a whole container of taco salad and a cookie. This morning I slept in late and at 2pm am still feeling incredibly tired and just yucky. Why do I keep doing this to my body.... Anyone else do these kinds of drunk things? Stories? Anyone more straight edge have any comments? :slight_smile:

2. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to drink and my roommates in L.A. do too--so we have a bit of a drinking house as well. We've also hosted some very large parties. But I don't seem to want to eat much when drunk (I'm also a huge lightweight--two shots and I'm completely drunk off my ass). I seem to always wake up the next morning with my stomach not feeling so well, no matter what I eat while drunk, but Pepto Bismol works for me lol. Otherwise, I'm usually down to get blotto :wink:

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, yes, I know all about the drunk munchies :grin:

As embarrassing as it is to admit, I gained like 20lbs last year from drinking and then stuffing my face with homemade egg rolls. So, I've decided that if I am going to drink then I am going to have more healthier options to choose from. I really like trail mix with pistachios, chocolate covered raisins and m&m's. I also love to eat chips, so I get the little bags that way I'm not tempted to eat the entire bag by myself :lol:

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh man when I drink I also want to eat everything in sight

5. Joelouis

I used to drink as a teenager but I'd always end up throwing up.
    Hated the taste of my own vomit.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm of average height and weight and am also a huge lightweight. I stop at 1 or 2 drinks, though I rarely partake. I can easily stop. I think I drank too much (4 or 5 drinks) about 3 times during my schooling years over age 21, felt like shit the next day, couldn't get what I had planned accomplished, and decided I'd never do that again. And I stuck to it.

Also, I've had a few friends who couldn't push the alcohol away, so someone had to drive .... me!

7. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I never drank much in college (or before) because I was afraid of accidentally outing myself to people I didn't want to know that I wasn't straight. In the last year or two I've been a bit more willing and have developed a taste for beer. I also like an occasional shot or two but I usually don't know what's in them -- someone in my group will just hand it to me and say "here, drink this" and I say okay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've never been blackout drunk or made myself sick though. I made myself extremely dehydrated once while on a trip to Puerto Rico but nothing a few bottles of water couldn't fix.

8. Lipstick Leuger

I outgrew that at 25. I got drunk on my 25th birthday on Lemon drops(I was a bar tender), vomited most of the next day, had a due college assignment, and felt like shit with my 3 year old asking "why is Mommy so sick?". That was the end.

I rarely drink more than one glass of wine, two, if I really am getting wild now.

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess that would make sense, too. I presume you mean that you might have made a move or blurted something out you wish you hadn't and, even worse, do it in a less than controlled inebriated state.

10. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had 2 bottles of sea grams escapes once and wasn't drunk but was buzzed. apparently my grandma said I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot lol.

11. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to drink a bit as a teenager, usually at the weekend. But by the time I reached 18 (legal drinking age here in UK) I was already so bored with it I didn't even bother having one on my birthday. Then I was on meds that couldn't mix with alcohol for many years and even when I would take a break from them it still just made me really ill. Nowadays I just don't see the point. I might have a single drink over the Christmas period if I remember to buy something.

12. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a teenager in a small town. I'm familiar with drinking :grin: Although my classmates often have crazy wild barn parties and whatnot and like getting drunk off their asses, I really only like drinking in places I feel safe, with people I'm comfortable with, limiting me to a few friend's house, and my home.

At my house, drinking's never really been a off-limits. My mom's a believer in raising your kids to drink smartly, instead of forbidding them to drink at all. In fact, she's kind of turned me into a wine-o, and I like that we can discuss bottles, or plan nice dinners around certain wines. It's nice. *advantages of being a classy drinker*

13. Fafner

I do that almost everytime I drink :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's quite normal I think, and it's also better for you if you aren't hungry when you drink or go to bed when drunk. But yeah I'm way too familiar with eating crappy food when drinking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bad when it comes to junk food after drinking - a typical night out often ends with me getting some horrible, disgusting, greasy burger from some shady joint that you would normally never go into - often accompanied by several women with their 6-inch heels off.

15. twosoups

I'm a big drinker, but not so much while deployed... :frowning2: I usually drink about two and sometimes three times a month of around 10 - 13 shots. Mostly whiskey, but I also love mike's hard. Anyways to answer your question. While I'm drunk I don't really get the munchies, but just as I start sobering up before bed I get really freakin hungry for chicken nuggets.

16. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom's side of the family doesn't drink much at all. A glass of wine on holidays, one drink at a restaurant, that sort of thing. My dad's side of the family, on the other hand, are big drinkers. They have an entire stash of liquor and I've never been over to their house without someone having a drink.

I'm more of a social drinker. I'll drink when I'm out with people drinking. Sometimes when I'm at home I'll have one drink just to relax, but being drunk is no fun alone. I used to be afraid that if I got too drunk, I'd out myself to my family but I'm good at knowing my limits and holding my tongue. I've never actually been hungover.

17. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's a good idea! Maybe I should keep some healthy snacks on hand. If I have the sense to choose them after drinking lol. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2014 at 08:16 PM ----------

That's good you are so responsible! I am sure your friends are greatful you dd. :slight_smile:

18. Notlad

I drink whenever I can..

My whole family drinks, so I guess I come by it naturally.

19. CyanChachki

I only drink at social events but not enough to get super drunk. The last time I got super drunk, I blacked out. My friend told me that I tried hugging a car, pouring alcohol over a candle to see what it would do and danced outside on a poll while singing "Umbrella" by Rihanna. I don't ever want to get that drunk again.

20. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awww I understand . I am a little bit too honest when I drink certain things. Fortunately, I don't mind the people I drink with to know my sexuality. Except sometimes they don't always take it well. But oh well. That's their problem. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2014 at 08:25 PM ----------

Awww man! Yeah, it might be a good idea to try to not get that drunk again. I really try to limit myself and not actually get blackout drunk. I have blacked out a couple of times in my younger years, and that is just something I DO NOT like and don't want to do again. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2014 at 08:28 PM ----------

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. I enjoyed reading them! :slight_smile: