1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you insecure about?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sepulse, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

Besides being LGBT? I'm insecure about being in special ed even though I'm not in school anymore. I'm even more insecure about that than my sexuality. Being insecure about being in special ed makes me insecure about a lot of things.

I'm insecure about being being slow or behind. I always get social anxiety around people my age because of that. I don't really get anxious around older people because they're supposed to be more mature than me.

I'm also very insecure about not being sure of my sexuality. Mainly because I'm scared it will make me look slow or young. I wish I could just be sure of my sexuality. Even if that means being bi. I kind of think that being out and proud could make me apprear less special or slow.

2. Yosia

Like everything >.<

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My body and my moral integrity.

4. LiquidSwords

Everything

Particularly that I'm not interesting enough to talk to

5. CyanChachki

My weight is one of them but like you, I am insecure about being special needs. I am high functioning but I do have cerebral palsy. I don't mind being in special olympics but having to tell job interviewers and new friends does make me feel insecure because I feel that a lot of people see it as well.. like having to babysit someone or being on the front line of social suicide. I feel they see it as either having me as a friend or having many other friends but not both (which is untrue). As for work related things, I feel that they see it as a challenge that's very time consuming, which again, it's not. The only time I get confused is when people tell me 10 different things at a time. It seems silly but my brain cannot process that much and remember it all, especially if it's in detail. Telling me one thing at a time, I can remember it well and you won't have to tell me twice. The worst thing about it is that I have a speech impediment. I can process words in my head very well but when they come out, it sounds completely different and sometimes I say things the wrong way which can be very insulting so I tend to not talk at all in fear that I may insult someone.

I can go on and on about it, I suppose... though I'd rather not. I think y'all get my gist.

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mental health and my morality. I'm glad I don't suffer from much sleep paralysis nowadays. I've had hallucinations that prey on my fears about morality. Nothing can quite scare us like our own minds.

7. I'm insecure... a lot. about a lot of things. idk, I tend to hide things and not open up to people. don't wanna seem weak I guess.

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much everything

9. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not the best looking person or have the best personality, but I'm not really insecure over a lot. Except my hair :/

10. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I'm really insecure, but I'm insecure about many things but I refuse to let anyone know about them which has lead to a few suicide attempts.

11. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's what google gave me for the definition of insecure. By this definition,I am very insecure about my body. Although I'm confident in it's unnatural shape and weird attributes, I'm mostly just anxious about it and am pretty uncertain if I'll ever find someone who'll think "that's a prime hunk of human right there" in regards to my fleshy form, which keeps me up at night :grin:

I'm also rather insecure about my sense of humour. I often hold back my weird puns and comments because, as much as I like to tell people otherwise, I care a lot about what other people think of me, an I know my humour is shitty enough to scare some folks off.

#11 Batman, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  12. Notlad

I'm slightly insecure about my walk. I walk slightly on my toes which gives he appearance that im just bouncing everywhere. My voice kills me whenever I hear it recorded. My eyebrows. The ridiculous size of my feet.

But, most people don't notice this stuff. Other than the walk. I get asked about that ALL OF THE TIME.

13. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a little insecure about my appearance--mainly looking younger than my actual age and having people constantly ask if I'm in high school.

Sometimes I'm insecure about my masculinity (or lack thereof) especially around more manly macho frat guys (which make up most of my straight friends).

But that's about it.

14. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Pretty much everything, but to name a few that comes to mind... my face as it is a bit big and my eyes, nose and lips are a bit small and thin... my intellect is also another thing, I work very hard, but I can never seem to get the grades I need...

15. shinji

shinji Guest

A lot of things, like most other people. If I had to pick a few however, i'd say...

Looks - I look, weird... Like, way too young if I take care of myself and way too old if I don't. Most of the time I look grumpy and almost "serial killer-like".

Mentality - I don't necessarily think that the way I think is wrong, but most people do, and it bothers me when they simply disregard me because I don't agree with them.

Brain - I'm quite dumb when it comes to most aspects of life, especially stuff that relates to emotions/relationships.

Voice - I sound weird... In my mind I always sound too childish, yet when I hear a recording of myself I sound like I'm ~10 years older than I actually am.

Age - I don't feel like my age, and thus often get frustrated when people remind me of it. Not the number itself, but more like how I should "act" according to the number.

Hair - My hairline is thinning, has been ever since I was ~18, and to top it all off I have a huge forehead. My neighbor went completely bald by age 30, don't want this to happen to me.

Speaking - My is constantly dry so I have to clear it all the time, and it's quite bothersome and draws unwanted attention. On more than one occasion I couldn't even speak at first, when spoken to.

Name - I hate my name... Mostly because I've learned to associate it with bad stuff from my experiences in school. Also, it's really weird when spoken in English. Why couldn't I have had a name like Chris or... David or something.

Emotions - I'm quite shy and emotional, but have learned to hide said emotions quite well during the years. I'm afraid that if people knew exactly what I felt, that they would not respect me anymore.

Respect - It makes me really uncomfortable when people act in a way that I perceive as disrespecting. Like for example, when I try to make a point and the other person completely ignores me and goes on to talk about something else. Or when I message someone and they don't message back. I start to worry and overanalyze.

Overanalyzing - I do it, always, to every situation... And knowing that it's not something most people do (as confirmed by psychologist and friends), I feel stupid for doing it, yet I can't stop myself...

16. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty insecure about my weight, but I just had a baby, so I'll cut myself some slack for that. I have big feet to be a girl and I hated it growing up because people would always ask me my shoe size :rolle:

I also have big hands, but I'm suppose they're going to come in handy just in case I need falcon punch someone :grin:

I think that's about it :eusa_liar

17. Siarad

Talking too much...

18. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

My big nose and my angular features, even though some guys really dig the latter. I also feel self-conscious about my personality and my mannerisms, but I think that's just me over-thinking, as lately I've somehow managed to attract some wonderful people into my life :slight_smile:

19. badluckfairy

I'm insecure about my body in general, but especially as I don't have the best skin. Sometimes it gets a bit blotchy.

I'm also very shy.

20. sugarcubeigloo

I guess I must present myself to the world in a weird way because I tend to find people will either want to, take care of me or take advantage of me. I've accomplished so much on my own, I've never really needed help.

I think it may have to do with my face. You know how some people say they have "resting b**** face?" I'm pretty sure I have resting confused face. I spend a lot of time trying to look more confident and sure of myself.