1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OOMGGG u guyz are going to LOVE this one XD (Debate in 2nd Per. over Gay Marraige)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XxTheNumbOnexX, Oct 17, 2008.

1. XxTheNumbOnexX

Ok...so in Government today, we had a "debate" over gay marriage cuz its one of the subjects the political pplz talk about. I'm not political...at all...but I thought I would listen anyway...cuz I was interested in hearing what ppl said. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. There were actually about 3 ppl who defended gay rights :slight_smile: That made me happy. I dont usually comment on debates cuz im a pacsifist, and debates are like arguments...and arguments are like war...so ya...but I decided to comment. After someone said "It's against the bible" and a few other ppl said some stuff, I decided to say "To me, love is love, and you should be able to be with who you love no matter what." and there were actually ppl who agreed with me. I was kind of surprised at that. But yeah, someone said "Its like hooking up a vcr, you can't put the plug with another plug." and I was like. "Niice...comparing love to a vcr."...not out loud tho. Its like "Wow...DvDs are better anyway..." XD but ya...just another typical thing you would expect from a classroom at school on this subject. But the teacher actually seemed to care and that was a good thing. BTW, they HAD to wait till my senior year to start bringing up "gay rights" in classrooms didnt they >.<.

2. musican

Re: OOMGGG u guyz are going to LOVE this one XD (Debate in 2nd Per. over Gay Marraige

i would say to them: survival of the fittest didnt work, the most advanced and intelligent of the species are supposed to survive, and you most definately are neither of those things.

im not sure how that really relates but i would get mad and make something like that up

3. XxTheNumbOnexX

Re: OOMGGG u guyz are going to LOVE this one XD (Debate in 2nd Per. over Gay Marraige

XDD ya. I did get mad. I practically ran out of the classroom. But now that I'm looking back on it, its just mostly funny. Idk why tho.

4. musican

Yea, I might have just left too, but only because I don’t know what I would say and not out myself. My school isn’t ready/doesn’t want an openly gay kid in school, and I’m not sure if I’m bi. I don’t want everyone in my school to know, they would make my life hell, so I just don’t say much regarding gay rights. I just shift uncomfortable in my seat trying to have no reaction.

5. XxTheNumbOnexX

lolzzz ya I kno how that is too...Ya...I didnt really mean for so many ppl in my school to find out. I mean EVERYBODY doesnt kno yet, so apparenly everyone who DOES kno is keeping it quiet. aand trust me, ALOT of ppl kno. lolz. SOMETIMES, like VERY rarely somebody comes up to me and asks me. Don't worry tho, it will get better :slight_smile: Ya, I'm a person who's all about peace and love anyway, so they expect me to stand up for any kind of rights XD XD XD but that was me today...I SWARE I was blushing. I was worried somebody was goign to notice and be all "HE'S BLUSHING OMG ARE U GAY!?!?!?" XD

6. musican

Yea, I’ve only told 2 people from school and I trust both of them a lot, they’re both great people. Yea, that would happen to me too, I would turn bright red and someone would say, I knew it, this kid’s gay! And in less than 5 minutes the entire school would know and I might need my own personal bodyguard; or just someone to kick ass if anyone messes with me.

7. XxTheNumbOnexX

ya, its awesome to have ppl u kno u can trust :slight_smile: my bffs ROCK :slight_smile: but I like the bodygaurd idea O.O that sounds awesome...XD but ya...at first I was like "IM GONNA GET SHOT!!!AAAAAAAAH!!!" now I'm just like "If they all find out, then they all find out". so ya, its gotten alot better for me though, I use to be really scared about it. Don't worry, it will get better for you too :slight_smile:

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

I'm glad you said something. Its a hard thing to do especially in a place like Alabama. You never know if the kid sitting next to you is gay and hearing all this stuff. What is he or she wasn't brave enough to say something? What if they thought nobody was on their side? I'm serious when I say that speaking up in situations like this can literally save someone's life! Just to hear "its okay to be gay" makes such a difference. I'm proud of you!!

9. JWAD

JWAD Guest

nice, and btw u can plug a vcr with another plug if you know what ur doing that is, it just takes a few modifications to the wires :icon_bigg

If I was there I probably would've yelled something at them, i hate the way i do that i loose my temper really easilly:eusa_doh: lol

Still well done for saying something :icon_bigg

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I've never understood that metaphor that "two plugs don't go together". Yeah, because gay people have sex by trying to push their penises into each others'.

11. Urman

Urman Guest

any video of this just wondering

12. sam bob

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I fit was me I would have lost my temper

13. sam bob

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

if it

14. littledinosaurs

The two plugs thing, if wall sockets were like plugs and not inwards then you couldput another plug on them and conduct the electricity, so it would really work. (But two sockets wouldn't really work, sorry lesbians, electricity doesn't like you)

15. Derek the Wolf

DVDs are way better, and they've all got a hole to work with. :grin:

16. musican

i dont think it will get better in my school any time soon. even teachers know how narrow-minded people are here, many of them tell me i need to get out of my small town because the real world isnt like this. my guidance counselor said its best not to come out, most if not all people would be unaccepting :frowning2: