1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xmas presents from people you dont know well?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ForNarnia, Dec 21, 2014.

1. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, this guy goes out with one of my friends, and has openly admitted to having a crush on me, and he's got me a christmas present. He won't tell me what it is, and he wants me to meet up with him so I can get it.
    I've known him for a while, and I know Im safe around him, so that's not a factor, but, while he has a xrush on me, I do not feel the same way and want to avoid awkwardness. So what advice can you give me, and have any of you experienced something like this?

2. CyanChachki

I would say bring his partner with you while you receive the gift. This way, he can't pull any moves with you and if anything gets awkward, then you can fix it then and there.

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
    Trouble is, his girlfriend has gone back to her home country for christmas, so she's not here. I could suggest his best friend come along? (she has been a friend of mine for roughly 5 years)

4. CyanChachki

That would be great, yes. Just ask his best friend if he'd like to join and if not, maybe one of your friends. Just be like, " hey, so-and-so is coming too but you don't have to give them a gift. I just thought it would be cool if all three of us could hang out together" and then mention your worries to your friend and why they're coming along.