1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just came out to the most important person

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AngelWings17, Dec 21, 2014.

1. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

Myself. I was finally able to say to myself, out loud, that I am bisexual. Now that the hardest part is over, I can tell others.

But tell me, was the hardest part for you coming out to yourself? Or to someone else?

I'm just wondering this.

Everything going through my mind right now: :eek: :icon_bigg :grin: :eusa_clap :eusa_danc (!)

2. Burnedcloset

Congrats

I think accepting that you can't change was the hardest thing for me.

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    the telling someone else was hardest for me

4. MHC

MHC

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    telling some1 else was definitely the hardest 4 me. U never know how they'll react.

5. CyanChachki

Congrats! I'm so proud of you :slight_smile:

The hardest person to come out to was definitely myself. I didn't mind that I had a thing for both males and females but I had a hard time admitting to myself that I was bisexual. The hardest to admit was that I liked males. Every time I thought about liking a guy, my mind blocked it off and threw it away because every time I felt something toward a guy, they would be made fun of and then they'd automatically hate me when in reality, it was just a simple crush. I came to terms with my bisexuality a few years ago and this year, I finally allowed myself to like men regardless of how they'd react. Part of not wanting to be bisexual was also due to some people saying that bisexuality wasn't real and a few others I knew (who shall remain nameless) told me that being bisexual meant that I wasn't actually a part of the LGBTQ+ community but would go around and try to hit on girls for attention regardless. I kept it a secret for awhile.. you could imagine how shocked my family was when I told them.

6. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    CONGRATS!!! :grin:

The hardest part for me, coming out to myself, was fear of God.

I have a relationship with God and (silly enough, since I believe God already knows everything there is to be known about me) - I was kind of just afraid that by "admitting it out loud" to myself & to God, that God would start hating me.

Then I kind of laughed to myself and realized how stupid this whole thought was: If I knew & felt sure that God loved me NOW (and all my life up to that point), then what would my admitting something to myself & God that God already knew about me, change?

That's when the weight lifted and I knew I was loved, had always been loved, and was accepted just as I am. :')

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats. The hardest person to come out to were actually two people, mom and dad.

8. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There are a lot of people I have yet to come out to, because I know it will be hardest part. But yes, accepting myself was difficult at first.

9. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with all paths as well. Fear of being condemned to hell by God was a close 2nd. However, I re-read the Scriptures in context and also remembered that my attractions started when I was 11/12 when I was closer to God even than I am now. I realize that the traditions of the Christian church and the way it treats people different than them does not equal TRUTH. I am a Christian, but I view what the church needs is a "2nd reformation" of sorts.

10. MajorTreble

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Congratulations!

I told my boyfriend first, and that wasn't hard, but telling people for a while was really difficult. My sister was the second person I told and that was really hard even though she's also Bisexual. I felt sick to my stomach when I told her and when I told other people. I would get so nervous I could barely talk, even though I started with people I knew would probably accept me. It can take different amounts of time to feel comfortable telling people, and it's something that does get easier as time goes on as you tell more people. This is very exciting!

11. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

It definitely was for me…I felt awful in fact because I was so naive to think that I could say I was bisexual and hold onto my Hetero-normality…when I knew I wasn't bisexual I'm strictly GAY. The thing is that when I admitted it to myself I was about 13 and kind of went on with life, but I hit 15 and I couldn't do it, something clicked! I logged into Netflix and watched Bridegroom the documentary, a couple days later I came out to my best friend Christy hence the "C" in my username, on "06"-"12"-2014" the second part of my username. Then I joined EC, and after a few days on EC, I came out to my family.

Btw Im not one of those bisexual hating gay guys who says "oh no you're saying you're bi to make it easier just like I planned on doing!" That's total crap I know that many are quick to judge what they don't understand but many of us make an effort :slight_smile: best of luck

12. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

Oh gosh! I didn't think there would be so much support! Thank you guys!

13. grapewhisperer

To be honest telling myself was quite relief to know what was going on in my head, but telling my parents, they had a son instead of a daughter was pretty tough.

14. trailrider

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. You stated my own thoughts very well.
    God Bless You.(*hug*)

15. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's an ongoing experience.

Anyway well done you. :slight_smile:

16. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, that's a positive attitude to take! :icon_bigg Congratulations on your self acceptance, AngelWings17!

17. AAASAS

Haven't told anyone in person or sober.

I came out to a bunch of friends and random people while wasted at my friends house, I didn't remember doing it at all, my friend called me the next day to confirm.

I came out to my Mom in a letter.

My other friend confronted me about it after she heard from her friend who heard from my Brother friend who heard from my Brother; fucking small towns suck balls for secrets. It took a week from my Brother drunkily telling someone for it to get to my friends,s o I can only assume basically everyone I know knows.

So I haven't ever actually come up and told anyone, though I am out basically. My mom told the rest of my family without my permission.

Oh fuck, forgot, came out to my Doctor to get a reference to a therapist for gay people.

#17 AAASAS, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  18. Candace

I'm happy to hear this!! Congratulations :slight_smile: (!) :grin: