1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos and Piercing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpikySpice, May 14, 2007.

1. SpikySpice

What do you think about tattoos and piercings, I mean do you like them or not. Is it ok for teenagers to do tattoos, and dod you think that percings are dangerous because they will leave holes or maybe make you get skin cancer?

2. tatoos are ok, but piercings repulse me. I suppose it is ok for teenagers to get them, alot of kids in my school get and/or have them. I dont think they'll give you skin cancer, but they can get severely infected, swell, etc. But as long as you can deal with that you're all clear.

3. Steam Giant

I like the idea of being able to decorate yourself ^^ I love tatoos, and piercings are cool, too! Surprisingly enough, I have neither ; ; with the cost of tatooing, it's always been at the bottom of my priority list, in the "if I have money to spend" column. And while I like to see piercings, I personally wouldn't display them. Wouldn't quite fit with my "style," heh.

4. Hehehe, Im sure you could make them work Steam ^^

5. shellz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hello this is my first post--- i am a virgin poster---how ever i have 4 tattoo's and my ears pierced--- i would like to get my tongue done--- :smilewave as far as teens getting tattoos and piercings--- i think they are ok on some but not all-- i don't like the ones that go over board and do there whole face to make it look like they got shot up by a gun---one or 2 are fine but that is just the way i feel---

6. Hi shellz:smilewave. I agree with you, people shouldnt go overboard, a few are fine

7. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It is against my personal beliefs for myself to get a tattoo or piercing in any way except for temps. I do find them attractive on other people though. My mom has an African violet chain tattooed around her ankle. My wife will have multiple piercings in her ears, and a twelve-gauge barbell in her tongue (but not so it gives her cancer) and a lower-lip ring. Not any tattoos though.

My brother has a tattoo. It's a hockey tattoo and it looks wierd. Maybe I think of it as wierd 'cause he asked me to peel off his bandages from his back. I thought it would be all bloody and pus-soaked but it had healed when I peeled the bandages off.

8. GuitarGirl1350

I LOVE both. I desperately want my nose and navel pierced, as well as a nautical star tattoo on my wrist, a black heart on my ring finger, and something on the left side of my back, I just don't know what yet.

9. SpikySpice

a girl with a guitar!!

Anyway, I'm asking permission for getting a tattoos. I love em', but I'm not sure about peircing, but I guess I want one stake through my eyebrow.

I love guys with earings, especially the diamonds. They look so cute and cool with it, (my ex got one, on the left)

Once a girl told me that dudes who got earings on the left side is faggot, right is str8/ Hhhhmm, I dont belive that, I'm sure you too

10. TeeBe

I love tattoos and piercings in moderation. When people go overboard, I find both a turnoff. On the otherhand, "overboard" is different for different people :grin: If I could find something that I wanted on my body perminantly, I would consider getting a tattoo, and I have my ears pierced and will probably pierce my navel.

Welcome to EC shellz!

11. Jim1454

I know I'm the old person here, but I don't really care for either...

With tatoos - how do you know you're going to want that same design 50 years from now (all wrinkled and faded to boot!).

And piercings just kind of freak me out - I have a weak stomach... I also remember my dentist telling me that piercings in your mouth wreak havoc with your gums and often lead to young people losing their teeth as a result. So think about that before getting a lip or tongue piercing done...

12. I've never heard of piercings predisposing to skin cancer. W/ tattoos you've got to worry about Hepatitis C b/c it's transmitted through blood, and tattoo parlors aren't always known for being so hygienic.

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos, but I don't mind them. I really like guys with one earring (I don't care which side), and I also like eyebrow piercings. I could never pull them off myself, though. I'd look like a complete idiot.

I like earrings on girls, though I guess I don't care whether they've actually pierced their ears or are wearing clip-ons. I like nose-rings on girls as well.

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love piercings and tatoos in moderation... they're hot! Especially pierced nipples and eyebrows... *drool*

14. Jim1454

Well, now that you mention it, I've come across the occassional pierced nipple, and have been pleasantly surprised! :icon_redf

15. shain250

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i like tattoos and piercings
    i have 3 tattoos

16. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i dont like tattoos but my dad has one on his arm. ive got my left ear done and have a earing in it. ive seen nipples and belly buttons done to but at one time wanted to get my belly button done but it could be bad beacuse i have a outie one and it could make a infection of some thing

17. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on the person and the tattoo(s) and/or piercing(s) However, I don't like anything below the waist...

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You're not the only one - I don't them either.

19. blake21

i love tattoos i have one and plan on getting another this summer don't really care to much for piercings

20. GuitarGirl1350

I've actually considered it! Well, sort of. I wanted to get an acoustic on there with the word Epiphone. It's my first guitar. Then, on the other side, I wanted a picture of my first electric with Cort over it. And probably some music notes around it =]. Or at least something to this effect, because music is such a huge part of my life. These would have real meaning to me.
    I haven't entirely scrapped the idea, but I'd definitely need to get the small one first to see how badly it hurts and if I want the larger ones there. =]

I also wanted a bar of the music from Requiem for a Dream or Phantom of the Opera or just random music tattooed in anklet style around my foot. But I hear that hurts pretty bad and I have a low pain tolerance -_- at least when it comes to needles.

I know I'm getting at least 3 though.