1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Pda

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doglover44, Dec 22, 2014.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

What's your opinion on gay Pda ?

2. FlamingPenguin

What's really the difference between Gay PDA and Straight PDA? Love is love and if a couple want to outwardly show signs of their love for each other in public then more power to them. However I believe there should be a limit to all PDA, if it turns into dry humping on the side of a building then they need to get a room Gay, Straight or otherwise.

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find pda off-putting regardless of the couple's gender-makeup.

Which is on me - would never see fit to stop anyone from engaging in it.

4. JustKat

I don't care about the gender/sex of the people displaying PDA, I just usually don't care for it in general. Holding hands is my limit for PDA. If others want to, no issues, but I really do not like watching it.

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get really bothered when my parents have already talked to me about "appropriate behavior" if I have a boyfriend. They don't want me to hold hands or be close to my bf at family functions. It's really a double standard as my cousin and her husband have cuddled at family functions and not a peep from my parents. This is a real sore spot that there IS a clear double standard.

6. C P

C P

Dk;dc honestly.

7. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't care. I guess in general I view making out in public as a bit trashy, and I wouldn't do it myself, but if I see others do it, I'm not "bothered" by it. And certainly whether or not it is gay or straight has nothing to do with it for me.

8. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I don't have an opinion about it, it's none of my business.

On a strictly personal level, PDAs makes me uncomfortable. It doesn't matter whether I'm with a guy or a girl, I don't like 'em, the end. That's my problem tho, I don't make it anyone else's business but my partner's and that's exactly how it should be.

I don't expect the world to cater to my sensibilities and I expect the same treatment in return. Which is to say, in my ideal world everyone just minds their own fucking business, meaning, stuff like whether a couple should or shouldn't do PDAs is not something you should be entitled to have an opinion on unless it applies to your situation with your partner.

TL;DR We have laws against public indecency already, anything less than that shouldn't be a public concern.

9. White Knight

Depends on Public Display of Affection... I think Pda stands for it.

It doesn't matter gay or straight, people should keep their decency in public. Holding hands, pecks, cuddling or hugging is okay and sweet.

However if you hold on to your girlfriend like an octopus with your penis visible erect while walking down a crowded street, if you sit on your boy friend's lap while his 4 fingers, even with all that clothing, clearly in your butt crack...

Don't care what others think or like. I don't like it so I just turn my head the other way. I find that kind of behavior disgusting.

10. gayer axolotl

Some days im cool with intense pda most days hand holding makes me fume like an olde fart

Gender doesnt matter, tho i beat myself up and get really depressed seeing lesbians when i know it should be encouraging or exciting or etc because i have brain problems.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's tasteful, I don't see the problem with PDA, gay or straight.

12. Lyana

PDA like holding hands or kissing lightly, I don't really care about and rarely pick up on. I find it perfectly acceptable. When it's a gay couple, however, I have to admit a part of me melts inside.

Then of course you get the kind of PDA which makes anyone watching deeply uncomfortable, regardless of gender/orientation.

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether I would do it or not, I support queer people being saucy in the streets.

14. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like there's so much love in the world that a visual reminder is a bad thing. I don't have any issue with PDAs, gay or straight. Obviously people shouldn't be having sex in the grocery store but this whole urge to say "get a room" because two people are kissing, well, I just don't understand it.

15. robclem21

I get jealous. Therefore, probably okay with it. Ha

16. I think its cute as long as it stays pg-ish :wink: whatever the gender of the people

17. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

I never seen gay pda in public except once it was a lesbian couple holding hands

18. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as it's not obnoxious, gay or straight, I'm fine with it. And I've never had a negative reaction (some funny ones though) when my bf and I hold hands or hug or anything in public.

19. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I think it should be kept private (straight or gay, orientation doesn't matter), except for holding hands..

But hey, whatever. It doesn't bother me that much.

20. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was never a fan of any kind of PDA until I met someone I really WANTED to display affection to. I'm still not interested in seeing a couple completely maul each other in public--PG or at most a mild PG-13 is QUITE enoough. But I'd be a hypocrite if I objected to hand-holding and affectionate hugs and kisses, since I've done it myself. And frankly, it feels very nice to be public about how you feel about someone.