1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas gift from my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jess1531, Dec 23, 2014.

1. jess1531

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    hi everyone,

I just wanted some advice before i bring this up to my girlfriend. Today we exchanged gifts i put so much effort into her gift, got her the pair of shoes she wanted and some cute little other things!! i put it in such a beautiful box and then wrapped it up great! i put a lot of effort into it! i know she appreciated the gift but i feel as though she didn't put much effort into mine. The bag she got me is amazing!! its beautiful but i know she got it for free and she even said it, which i mean is ok right? she got my christmas lights as well. She didn't wrap it up at all nicely and she used masking tape and the whole gift wasn't covered... i just feel like she didn't put any effort into anything on a special christmas this year... how should i go about this? should i even mention it? i just feel so sad i don't know what to do. Is it selfish of me to think this way? i just want the honest truth i can handle it!!
    THANK YOU ALL!!!

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't be sad... its possible people have different views of things...
    maybe she does not give physical things so much value, but values time together more... cooking together... etc...

Sometimes partners can give each other something else in return...

There was even a test here...
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/fun-games/149170-test-love-languange.html

you just might talk about it... maybe indirectly, or just what you value... that you like very nicely wrapped gifts...

After all she gave you a gift which was to your flavour...

(*hug*)