1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant on bi phobia.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

So I've been really thinking about what homophobic and bi phobic people feel. And it got me questioning some things about bi phobia, and the ignorance behind it.

First of all, can someone answer why people say "BI/PAN PEOPLE ARE GREEDY"? Does this come from both sides, gay and straight?

The only somewhat logical reason, IMO would be, say a bisexual guy (or girl) starts to date a gay guy (or girl).....is he greedy becuase, he didn't leave the gay guys for other homo guys? Are bi phobic people telling bisexuals they are greedy because, they are taking away from the gay dating pool? Is that the reason? I honestly, don't understand.

If I knew a bi guy was dating a gay guy I would be thinking, hey at least he (the gay one) found someone who can actually reciprocate the feelings.

Second of all. Why are gay people insecure sometimes to date bi people? I can't find logic behind it? Is it because they might get a craving for what we might not have or something? XD

Sorry, this all came from me chatting with random people on anonymous chatting websites. I hope I didn't annoy you with this really confusing post. It was bothering me.

(*hug*) for the bis/pans

Ps, there are some creepy mofos on those chats.....*shrugs*

Tell me if I said anything crazy up there ^

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I heard the greedy part from both sides ,and mostly from straight men I knew but now they just use their out of control ,and love to have sex a lot and only good for 3 ways or the one term . I heard from straight people their just freaks or nymphomaniacs gay people just say their greedy .

I will admit I'm a bit insecure when dating a bi woman, but usually when I'm attracted to her my insecurity goes out of the window . For me it's more of an monogamy thing ,and I don't want to share her with anyone else male or female .
    But i'm okay with dating a bisexual woman I don't care if their into guys as well as long as they like me and are into girls and monogamous . I'm good .

I did have a bi girl leave me for a guy once ,and she was cheating on me with him behind my back and I was upset . cheating is cheating it doesn't matter what gender it's with It's just wrong .:dry:

hope I answered you're question .

#2 stocking, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stocking, I especially applaud your love of bi people after having such a horrible experience. *hugs*

If they tell me I'm greedy, I just will say, "I've been with 1 person during my life, how many have you been with?" I doubt I would hear anything past that. Most of the older gay guys in the men's group I attend have been with 30+ men in their lives. The old saying, "Don't throw stones in glass houses" applies here at least for me.

4. C P

C P

I would say the first part is simply about them liking both guys and girls and just goes hand in hand with that whole 'slut' thing; that they are greedy and will go after any and everybody, perhaps (even) all at once(which is obviously a crock of :***:slight_smile:.

As for the second, it's likely because of exactly what you said - they feel like they'll be left for someone with...other parts(the whole 'can't compete' thing), which isn't that ridiculous to be fearful about honestly. They'd just have to trust said bi person as they would any other person they'd date/be in a relationship with. If the bi person did for some reason cheat on them -with someone of the opposite gender- then they, individually, are just a cheating POS(same as if it was someone of the same gender done by a mono).

I don't really get why someone wouldn't at least try dating a bi person though. Hypothetically, I'd have no problem with it. Now a closeted bi...that's another story.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People have wrong images in their heads.

They see only their point of view and its not that much information around to correct them.

It might be necessary to just give information and clear a few things up:
    - that its a real preference to like both men and women, often not to equal parts
    - that being faithful is unrelated to sexual orientation, and depends on the person. You might give your own point of view on partnerships here, many do this in the beginning of a partnership anyways, so you know if you are compatible, if you like long term partnerships etc...

When it comes to chats I'd prefer moderated environments...

(*hug*)

6. CyanChachki

From what I've learned, we're "greedy" because biphobics confuse us with bicurious, drunk "bisexuals" and fake bisexuals. Bicurious being obvious, they're simply just curious about their sexuality, drunk "bisexuals" being those who get blasted on alcohol and make out with everyone including both genders and fake bisexuals (or fake gay/lesbians) who pretend to be that way for various reasons and end up dating the gender they have actual feelings towards. It also comes from the huge myth of liking both and therefore wanting both.

7. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't date gay guys because one guy might cheat on me for another guy! That sounds stupid right? Well that's what Bi/Pan people hear all the time... I really hate Bi stereotypes, And the fact that some gays and lesbians don't acknowledge that it's a real orientation, Despite the fact they use us a stepping stone. :bang: