1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My GSA

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MattyPatty, Oct 18, 2008.

1. MattyPatty

I just wanted to tell everyone that I got a gay straight alliance started at my school :grin: And I'm really proud of it! We've got around 30 members so far and I had an interview for the school newspaper, wooohooo xD

My only issue so far is that the posters I designed got torn down so I'm going to try again on Monday and see if they last.

2. mattypants

torn down? how cliché.
    good on ya for the progress though!

3. Jace

ahh my gsa's posters got torn down too@! lol we just put em back up

4. Myke

Myke Guest

Good for you! We never had a GSA in high school and I don't think we have one in my College but it's my first year so I really don't know what there is there. But then again, I do live in probably the most conservative part of Canada.

5. Derek the Wolf

Awesome dude! Glad to hear it.

6. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, you're in Clagary too!
    Alberta and the praries are deffinitly the most conservative bits... Manitoba is probably worse than Alberta though, that's Mennonite central, I mean I'm Mennonite, but my views are very different then most other mennos...

7. littledinosaurs

You have 30 members?!?!?
    we have like 17 on a good day.

8. Myke

Myke Guest

Really? I've always thought Manitoba was less conservative but then again, I've never been or lived there.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations! 30 members, that's alot!

10. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

thats cool!
    at my school no one know we have a gsa, the tv says GSA meeting today in Mr. Harrisons room.... ANd everyone is like what is a gsa.... so whateve but godd for u! and 30 people is awesome~

11. MattyPatty

I'd just say the Prairies in general are really conservative. Although I always thought Alberta was a more so than the rest. Oh boy, if I lived there I'd convert whatever town I lived in to a giant community of happy acceptance xD

Thanks for all the 'gratz and stuff :slight_smile: But what are some activities that we can do? Cause so far I haven't been able to think of much and the meetings have been quite dull. We've only got about 40 minutes to do stuff each meeting so any suggestions?

12. Myke

Myke Guest

It's hard to convert Stephen Harper territory but we're making slow progress. There is actually a non-conservative riding in Alberta this past election.

As for activities.. I don't know... make rainbow signs are march the halls? haha I really don't know what you do at a GSA meeting, especially since its on school grounds.

13. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, Albertans vote conservative, but Manitoba, though they may not vote as conservative, are pretty conservative in most of their views.... I don't know, but yeah, the prairies are in general... Alberta has more/larger urban centers than Sask and Mani, which does help, I think... There are more people coming from a wider area than Sask and Mani which changes views and opinions.