1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever comment on the same gender...-to them-?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C P, Dec 24, 2014.

1. C P

C P

I guess this question is more for guys/(nb bio)males since girls seem to handle complimenting each other better(ie: you're pretty/beautiful), but (nb-)girls are free to answer as well obviously, especially if you kinda freak that your attraction may get in the way of comments...

I figured I'd bring this up after a trip to stores yesterday to finish up last minute holiday stuff. At this one, there's this cashier who I see often enough when I'm there(nights). Well as I'm about to use another lane, I notice he's there and kinda shift over to his.

My point here is, every time I'm there and it happens to be this guy ringing my stuff up, I just have this longing to tell him how frickin' cute I think he is but, alas, I can't(can't even hold eye contact for fear they will...); not even just because I'm closeted. It just absolutely sucks that I would have to be bio-female for there to be no issue, no risk of offense being taken, etc. in regards to doing something like that... :-l

2. Jellal

General thing about complimenting someone, definitely make sure to honestly express some level of enthusiasm and interest. If you do it too nonchalantly it seems like you really don't care about the compliment you gave, like you're just "shooting the shit."

3. White Knight

Not out of blue. Like walking up to a dude or girl and tell them they are good looking... will never do that.

While chatting tho I easily say they look nice or other stuff. People need to hear good things to brighten up their days.

4. C P

C P

Wait...where did this come from again? .-.

Hmm...either way, appears I made the title a bit...vague, though I figured the rest of my post was telling. Ah, whatever.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember telling a classmate, "You look good in that shirt." Apparently, that was off limits. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not sure if I've ever seriously told a guy that they're beautiful, or whatever, though I've been tempted to on several occasions (partly because it's true, partly because it's so taboo and I think it's ridiculous how stiff some are around each other).

6. C P

C P

Well I suppose that's what other stuff is for, heh. :s

Off limits as in...? :astonished:

And that's what I'm talking about...some situations make it so tempting. I'm sure I've told my 'trip to Sheetz' story at some point but, to cut to the point, these two guys were like high and forgot which way they came in from their hotel. The one was literally like 6 inches from my face(taller than me so looked down; didn't realize it); I mean I didn't mind ofc but I was thinking 'do not...do not...look into his eyes'. :eusa_shif

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As in kids running around going, "Eww!" and, "He said you look goood!" followed by gay jokes/accusations. :badgrin:

I think most straight guys comfortable with themselves would enjoy being complimented by a gay man. Hell, most seem to appreciate it, especially if they're not getting enough from women. If being out is a problem, that's one way to kill two birds. :wink:

8. C P

C P

I can't speak for you, but damn that sounded awkward as heck... :lol:

And I suppose so, but with so much ignorance still abound(did I really just say...abound?), you just can't ever know as a general thing it seems. The one in particular from OP appears jock-ish, so that's a real toss up but feels like a no-go. I think I'm fine leaving the two birds be. :la:

9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my experience compliments are compliments. You can tell someone they look nice without being creepy--even straight guys. I do it all the time--when it's true, of course.

10. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very shy to give compliments. My confused orientation is a factor but also I'm afraid of people giving weird reactions, like I say they look nice and they start telling me how terrible they look. (I've probably done the same thing though.)

One time in high school I told a guy "That's a nice shirt" and he thought I was making fun of him and said, "What do you mean? What's wrong with this shirt? I like this shirt." It was weird.

Anyway I mostly only tell people they look nice when they're dressed up or just got a haircut etc.

11. Shazam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do it often with a certain straight friend of mine. I tell him he's pretty all (which he is) even though I'm not out to him. Lol. I also tell him I love him which he does the same and I also like hugging on him a lot and shit. My God, I sound like a creep. Haha. Glad my other friends don't think so.

12. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Get out of of my head already! (And into my car)

Well OP, if you genuinely feel that he's a good looking lad, just tell him so.
    I mean really. Why not?

13. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Eh? First of all, are you saying trans guys think like women because we're "bio-female"?!

Fuck no. I think that's why we're called "guys".....

14. C P

C P

Because, for one, I ain't out, as I said(so it makes it awkward as it is; I wouldn't even be able to say he looks nice without feeling like it'd come across the wrong way). Secondly, because I'm not exactly frolicking in some bustling gay-friendly metropolis; 'small town' people tend not to take this type of thing as lightly, so it'd be a huge wildcard at the least. A perfect exhibit A would be my whackjob of a family.

Wait...what? I said no such thing?

If you hadn't noticed, I put in 'nb', meaning non-binary obviously. It was meant for those who are non-binary but pretty much live/are content identifying as their bio generally.

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

You know? I don't usually. Sure, if a guy has something cool with him (nice Celica! Is that a gen 4?) or I like his shirt (nice, man) or something minor like that . Unless I'm in a context where I know the guy shares mutual interest in guys, then I'm definitely not gonna say "wow, nice ass".

16. Candace

I will honestly tell my friends (close friends) that something they're wearing looks nice. But random people? Nope, regardless of gender.

17. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Well I tend to compliment those Who I'm around on a regular basis, and strangers hardly ever!

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm the Countess of Compliments, when I want to be, which is often-enough.

I can, pretty much, tell anybody anything, if I word and say it right. Of course, respect plays a big role here, because just blurting out, "Yo! Dat ass!", will rarely get you a positive response. Sure, there's a chance it could, but the odds are very slim.

It's all in the wording, really. How one words their statements dictates comfort, and the more comfortable one is/becomes, the more susceptible they tend to become, or at least accepting of whatever you praise them with. As time goes on, you can become more blunt and personal, but a casual encounter, the wording is absolutely key.

Basically, your choice of words sets the tone. And trust me, people will remember bits and pieces of what you said; more so, as time goes on. But what they will never forget is, how they felt last in your presence. Not many will turn down feeling appreciated or admired.

I like to think I inspire a better world, by just making somebody's day for a few moments.

19. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never compliment anybody :lol:

Ok well online I do

20. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He