1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Filipino and Bisexual

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gabby29, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The combination of the two is extremely rare, I'm pretty much like the last person on a deserted planet hah. When I'm around my Filipino friends they all ask what bisexuality is, some will judge and others will be friendly and curious then all my Caucasian friends ask about my ethnicity and then when they find out I'm Bi it opens up even more questions about me. I'm so whitewashed though I'm proud of who I am :slight_smile:

Any other Filipinos and Asians on here? What's good??

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't see Filipino and not think of something...hehe

But i don't see why its so weird for a filipino being bi is so rare?

3. tulipinacup

Trust me being Filipino and Bi isn't something that is rare because I've met a lot of them who claims to be one :slight_smile:

To tell you frankly, I've been wary about Filipinos who say they're bisexual because they see it something as someone who doesn't crossdress or effeminate even though that does not base it on that sexuality.

I always knew I was gay and even as a young age but it's only when I realised that so many people do not approve this "lifestyle" so I began to repress all of what I was feeling during my adolescent stage.

4. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's rare to me cause I've never really met other Filipino bi's just gays, so really I'm 'alone' in my town lol and even when I meet islander gays they're usually closet gays waiting for their time to come out, my cousin especially. Most of the Filipinos around here are Navy brats and they kind of have a pretentious personally but they're still friends of mine after all.

5. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

I think bisexual males are just uncommon in general. I've never even met a bisexual male in real life. Although I noticed out of all the Asian groups, I've met more gays who happens to be Filipino. I don't know if it's because maybe your culture is more accepting about it which I find a bit odd considering all the Filipinos I've met in real life seemed to be traditional and practice Catholicism. Or maybe its just a mere coincidence.

Also I don't understand your input of "white-washed" and how it correlates to anything you've just said.

6. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Because even though I'm Asian: I go camping and hunting with friends, I listen to country (as well as pretty much everything) and because I've dated mostly Caucasian boys and girls my friends say I'm white washed. I get how the term white wash may sound ignorant to anyone considering anyone can go camping, hunting, listen to any music genre and date who ever they want even though people have these ethnic/social "rules" and like to keep things traditional within their community which I can understand but at the same time if I don't have to follow those rules, I'm not going to :slight_smile:

7. tulipinacup

Where exactly in the Philippines do you live?

8. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't I was born and raised in California

9. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I'm Nepalese and I've never met another one who's LGBTQ+. They're probably just in the closet though because we have a very conservative culture -.-

10. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if I count. I was born in China, but taken over to the US at 6 months old and raised by white parents in a white (and Mexican) neighborhood. The only connection I have to China is my appearance and birthplace.

I have a Chinese friend (we only have 5 Asians in our school of 200 students) who's not really Chinese. His mother was white, his father had African American, Chinese, and Cambodian in him. He was born in America. That's similar to all of the Asians at my school. At best, their parents are Asian but they were born here in America. My friend and another Asian friend refer to me as the "Alpha Asian" because I'm the purest there, I guess, haha. My white/black/Chinese/Cambodian friend is bi. And I'm technically bi, but I go by homoflexible because it's more accurate. I'm just bi with a high preference for males.

11. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Right here buddy, purr filipino living in this country since I was born though I'm not bi I am proud to be a lesbian.

12. QueerQueen

I'm half Filipino and half Caucasian and I'm a lesbian, but I was born and raised in Canada. I have a cousin who still lives in the Philippines, he is full and he is also gay. However if you mean just bisexual people then I guess I can see your point, haven't met many bisexual Filipino's in my life if any.

13. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

First time I've actually heard of someone who is Nepalese...

14. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a Filipino, and now I kind of consider myself bisexual. I am both sexually attracted to guys and girls tho i prefer guys.
    I agree with tulipinacup, bisexuality, in male Filipinos, is someone who likes the guys but doesnt cross-dress or act feminine. I have a classmate who keeps on insisting he's bisexual but when he is asked if she likes girls he would say no.

15. Chief Beifong

Hey, Filipino here and proud lesbian. So far, I only know 1 other lesbian and 2 other gays. Grew up in Hong Kong so it's hard to tell who's LGBT here since it's still quite conservative here. But no never met any Filipino who's bi, in fact, never met anyone who's bi yet.

16. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Much more common than you might think, but unless they're in your friend circle it's unlikely you'd know.