1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoes Sizes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by silentscorpio, Dec 25, 2014.

1. silentscorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So...I've always worn men's shoes. I'm 8-8.5 depending on brand. Well I want to get a new pair of women's shoes to go with my diversifying attire.

So I snuck into my parents' room and tried on my mom's shoes knowing she wears an 8 (in women's). And they fit me the same as an 8 in men's. Maybe a little less wide but yeah they fit me perfectly.

I've always been told that men's shoes are like 2 sizes larger than women's. Why is it that my feet don't notice a difference in size?

2. AlamoCity

I never really understood women's clothing and shoe sizes. Men's sizes tend to be more practical.

A 16.5 34 dress shirt means you have a 16.5 inch neck and 34 inches from center back to wristbone;

A 36/30 pant means your waist is 36 inches around (there is vanity sizing even in men's sizes so you have to try different sizes to be sure lol) and 30 inch inseam;

A 40 suit jacket means your chest circumference is generally gonna be around 40 inches.

A 9.5 men's shoe means your bare foot is actually 9.5 inches long, who woulda thought that?

Women's sizes, who the hell came up with them?

3. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I need to add 2 sizes to convert to women's shoes and even then it can be a little tight. Although a pair of flats I bought only ended up being one size bigger and fit perfectly. I guess it depends on the style and brand?

4. shostakobitch

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    it totally depends on the style and brand. i wear a 9 mens for soccer cleats and an 8 womens for my normal shoes. you're just going to have to try a ton on :slight_smile:

5. silentscorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I feel less insane now but a little bit more terrified for clothes shopping.

I'm still wrapping my head around getting a large in women's clothing and wearing a small in men's.

I also have a vague memory of long ago wearing a 5 1/2 for converse shoes but 8 in everything else. I can't remember the size of the converse I sometimes I wear now. I think they're a 9.

Aghhh. I guess this is why they say don't order shoes off the internet?

6. grapewhisperer

I'm 6/6.5, I have quite small feet

7. Skellington

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wear a 40 or 41 in European sizes, which are unisex. My converses tell me that this is a 7 or 7.5 in US men's and 9 or 9.5 in US women's.

I usually go for a 41/7.5 because I've got long thin feet that need plenty of toe space, so shoes sometimes tend to be a little on the wide side for me.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Japanese sizes are more practical than any others, as they are just the measurements of your foot in centimeters.

But anyways, in American sizes I'm size 7 women's, 5 and a half men's.

9. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    13 in US men's. I'm not sure how that converts into other measurements

10. timo

American problems :lol:

I'm so glad we have unisex sizes in (most of) Europe.

11. RadioRoss

5.5 in US women's. sometimes i have to choose a smaller size for certain shoes, like boots and chuck taylors. yay for small feet!

12. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I wish I had small feet! So much more to choose from.