1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone tell me what this means!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vanthefurni, Dec 26, 2014.

1. vanthefurni

I've been talking to this guy for about a week now and I've really grown to like him. He's the first and only person I've told I'm gay. Like the second day we were talking, he ask me if I wanted to go on a date. Obviously I said yes. Now it's a week later and were still talking everyday but this is what he just told me: "Last person I dated outed me to my friends and I'm just not ready to get back into a relationship". I asked him why he wanted to go on a date with me if he doesn't want a relationship and he said something like that he just wants to talk and hangout. I don't know if I want to do that anymore considering I feel completely humiliated. Anybody?? Please help!

2. Quiet Raven

Maybe just continue to hang out with him. In time, he will get to know you further, and may trust you.

3. vanthefurni

Oh and let's not forget how he takes a solid 3 minutes to reply every single time. You have no idea how annoying this is!! Do you think he just wanted friendship the whole time or do you think he's just playing hard to get or something?

---------- Post added 26th Dec 2014 at 11:21 AM ----------

I thought that but it's awkward cuz if he just wants to be friends I don't wanna hang out with him. It'll probably just cause me to hurt even more haha

4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't want to seem over blunt, but can I just say--read what you just wrote. Why would anyone want to be in a relationship with someone that they don't want to be friends with? Don't get me wrong--it's not just you. I see this sentiment pretty often on here and it mystifies me every time. I can't imagine being in a relationship with anyone that I felt wouldn't want to be my friend if we weren't in a relationship...

5. vanthefurni

Well it's because I feel like he thinks I'm not up to his standards or something which made him change his mind about wanting a relationship with me.

---------- Post added 26th Dec 2014 at 12:03 PM ----------

Last night the last thing I told him was to text me today. He never texts first though and I really want to talk to him. Do I text him or just wait?

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not so sure based on what you've written that it sounds like he really has had any kind of change of heart--but I will say, if indeed he has, that it may be (going to be overly blunt again) because you come off as really needy. I mean really? Three minutes is a problem?--I sometimes don't text back my partner of seventeen years for an hour or so. I think you should wait.

7. vanthefurni

You're probably right, it's just that when you're having a conversation waiting 5 minutes every reply is so frustrating. You're right though I'm gonna just let what happens happen.